“Pretty d**n good”

GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“Pretty d**n good”
Reviewed 9 December 2012

You can literally walk to it from airport. Quick airport shuttle service. Most reasonably priced Hilton I've ever stayed in, with -- can you believe it -- free wifi? The room was quiet and sizable. Breakfast was fine, the usual $20 buffet. The gift shop items were more overpriced than in the airport shops. Parking is $16 a day so it's actually cheaper to either pick up your car the next day, or drop it off the night before--even if you have to drive for another day! The airport is small enough that all of this can be done pretty quickly.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room. The hotel is tall enough that you get away from the noise and you don't re...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank matvox
Dolores E, General Manager at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 10 December 2012
Dear Matvox,

Thank you for the kind comments regarding your stay at our hotel. I am pleased to hear that our location, rooms and services met with your complete satisfaction.

Should travels bring you to Irvine, CA in the near future, I sincerely hope you will once again choose the Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport.

Wishing you and yours a Warm and Happy Holiday Season!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Korean first
Lakewood nj
Reviewed 11 November 2012

After driving in from Vegas, could not wait to check in, got to front desk, gave my name, the young person looked at me and said you do not have a room booked.
I gave him a copy of my booking , he said ok , i will find you a room, but he would not honor Arrp discount as he said all those rooms were taken.
I felt like my wife and I were treated as second class customers, it will be a long time before I go back to a Hilton, hello Hampton Inns.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Dolores E, General Manager at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 3 December 2012
Dear Joe S,

I am sorry to hear that your stay with us was made less than memorable by your experience at checkin. Please accept my sincere apologies. I have shared your concerns with the appropriate team members in order to avoid similar occurences.

As a new member to this Team, I have been impressed by the level of service and commitment of our associates. If travels do bring you to the Irvine, CA area again, I encourage you to please give us another opportunity to serve you. I will be sure to give your reservation my personal attention.

Thank you once again for your candid feedback.

Warmest Regards and Happy Holidays!
San Jacinto, California
Reviewed 6 November 2012

The Hilton in Orange County, Irvine is extremely enjoyable. The food is great at the breakfast and the staff are amazing. It was made more enjoyable with my dog being allowed to be with me. It made my business trip AWESOME!!!!!!

Room Tip: The Executive floor is great!
Dear Bcoolbaugh,

Thank you kindly for the nice compliment regarding your stay at our hotel. I am happy to hear it was made that much more enjoyable having your beloved dog with you.

It certainly is our sincere desire to ensure our guests are met with a warm welcome, bright smiles, and genuine hospitality throughout.

If travels bring you to Irvine, CA in the near future, we hope you will once again choose the Hilton Irvine/Orange County at the Airport.

Warmest Regards and Happy Holidays!
Brokind
Reviewed 4 November 2012

This hotel is perfectly situated within easy walking distance from the airport. So instead of waiting for a courtesy shuttle you can take a refreshing walk to the hotel. Nice, quiet room with a good bed. Efficient check in and out.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Ed B, General Manager at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 5 November 2012
You are correct, the Hilton Irvine Airport has the best location of all the hotels at John Wayne Airport. I am so glad you had the chance to experience our outstanding property and were able to walk from the airport!!!

Our team here does a simply outstanding job making all guests feel at home!
Please make sure you visit us again soon for a relaxing, enjoyable night!!!

Ed Burke'
Pattonville, TX
Reviewed 29 October 2012

My husband and I needed a good rest from a long wonderful week visiting family and friends and we got just that at the Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport Hotel.

The outside was not overwhelming, but the room more than made up for it. The bed was very comfortable. The chair in the room was awesome. Great internet connection. The only problem we had with the room was the coffeemaker, it did not work to good, it made a mess all over the tray they had thankfuly had placed under it. The lobby was not really my taste, but I was not going to really spend anytime in it, so that was fine by me.

The first staff person who checked us into our room was very matter of fact, doing her job and no more. We had problems with our key trying to get out of the parking so had to have one of the staff get us out. The second staff person who helped us with the key was much warmer and more friendly.

Don't understand why some hotels feel they need to charge you to park when you have already paid for your room, all parking should always be free when you are staying at the hotel. I would understand needing to use a key to get in and out because of the airport, but there should not be a charge of $16.00 to park.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your outstanding review of the Hilton Hotel Irvine Airport, I am so glad you were able to enjoy your stay with us.
Thank you also for your recommedations, i will have my team look into each one. Feedback is a gift, we pride ourselves on listening to all of our guests.
Please join us again the next time you are in the area. If you did not get a chance to eat in our restaurant, I highly recommend our Sushi on Wednesday nights...simply outstanding.

Brookline, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 October 2012

On first glance at the exterior, this looks like a ubiquitous Hilton in Southern California. But I spent two great days/nights there while working on a project nearby. After a long flight, I walked 10 minutes at most from the airport to the hotel (shuttle also available) and I walked back for my return flight. The hotel is very comfortable, nicely updated, and has accommodating staff throughout. My room was pleasant and very modern. No airplane noise although they are very close. Coffee and tea in room. A few restaurants in walking distance and nearby with shuttle. But I decided to try the hotel's Aura Restaurant my first night, loved it, and ate there the next night as well.

If convenience to the airport is important, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your outstanding review of the Hilton Hotel Irvine Airport, and of our top notch restaurant!!! I am so glad you were able to enjoy your stay with us.
Please join us again the next time you are in the area. The food, I agree, is excellent in our restaurant. I highly recommend our Sushi on Wednesday nights...simply outstanding.
Thank you again!

Moraga, California, United States
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Walking distance, good fitness center, comfortable rooms, and great beds. Extremely convenient and customer service oriented. Restaurant/bar is comfortable and reasonable. Perfect hotel for ease of travel anywhere in Orange County.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
I am so thrilled you enjoyed the restaurant, I highly recommend our Sushi on Wednesday nights...simply outstanding.

Come visit again soon!

Ed Burke
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irvine
Wyndham Irvine-Orange County Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Irvine - Orange County Airport
The Duke Hotel Newport Beach
The Duke Hotel Newport Beach
#9 of 17 in Newport Beach

Been to Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport? Share your experiences!