“Don't waiste your money...”

Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Irvine
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Typical airport hotel, over-priced full service hotel...Charges for parking but right across the street from the Orange County / John Wayne Airport. Check in was fine. Paid extra for an executive floor room, but this hotel apparently does not have an executive lounge. Not worth the money unless you just need the convenience of being literally right across the street from the Orange County Airport

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Edward K
Dolores E, General Manager at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Edward,

Thanks for taking the time to comment on your stay at the hotel this month. We appreciate your business and are sorry that you feel that our hotel as well as other full service hotel properties do not offer value. As you noted, full service hotels all charge for parking and our fees are very similar to others in the area. Our location across from the airport is extremely convenient and I am pleased that it worked well for you. Our Executive floors are the highest in the hotel and include amenities not available in other guest rooms. There has not been a lounge on these floors since 2005 but we feel they do offer value for the small additional charge. We do thank you for your feedback and hope we will have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stayed here last year and am glad I returned again. Room was great and comfortable everything seemed new! and the people were all outstanding. Plenty of TV channels to choose from and loved the big HD screen to watch it on!

Checking in was simple even though I forgot all my paperwork Miguel Saveedo was extremely helpful and also took the extra time and made my son excited about the trip by caring about what he was doing too. A perfect way to start the busy weekend.

Had breakfast at the hotel and it was great and the area was very relaxing.

It is a very well kept hotel and really makes a great impression as you enter from the front or thru the courtyard. Thank you !

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Dolores E, General Manager at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

I am so glad you returned to the hotel again this year and had a lovely visit with us. It's so nice to hear that you enjoyed your guest rooom and had an opportunity to eat in the restaurant and have a relaxing breakfast. Your comments regarding the service staff and especially Miguel at the Front Desk are truly appreciated by me, and I know they will be pleased to hear them as well. It sounds as if Miguel and your son had a great liitle visit and I'm so glad that your son was exicted about your trip. Miguel truly enjoys his conversations with our guests, and the chance to assist them with their travel needs. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed one night, flew into Orange County to fly out the next day to Cabo San Lucas Mexico.
The great part is that it is right across the street from the airport & the hotel offers shuttle service.
We checked in late and the man on duty (do not remember his name) was a very welcoming person to have behind the front desk, very pleasant!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thanks for taking the time to give us your comments on your overnight visit to the hotel. We have a great location for travelers using the Orange County Airport,and I am so glad that you were able to take advantage of our airport shuttle pickup. We appreciate your kind comments regarding the gentleman at the Front Desk. That entire staff is a great group and are dedicated to making all of our guests feel welcome. I hope you had a great trip to Cabo and that we will have the opportunity to see you again at the property in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I've stayed at this hotel several times and have always thought it was top notch in every way. Tonight after checking in, I was really tired and had a situation that I needed some help with. I asked Carlos, who was working at the front counter, for some help with something, and his response was fantastic and solved the problem immediately ... even better than I expected. Excellent customer service goes a long way to creating a very positive impression and will keep me coming back here every time I'm in town. Thank you, Carlos!

Room Tip: Every room I've had has been very nice.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Dolores E, General Manager at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Roxy,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your comments on your recent stay at our property. It's great to hear from a returning guest that we continue to meet your expectations and that you love the hotel. Of course your right that customer service is the key to the success of any business, and it is those exceptional staff members like Carlos that we think makes our hotel special for many of our guests. I am very happy that in your case Carlos was able to resolve your situation and provide you the help and assistance that enabled you to enjoy your visit. Again thanks for letting us know about Carlos so we can recognize him for his efforts as well. We look forward to your next visit when you return to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Moala at the counter is total great made me feel welcome to the hotel. Very nice place to stay clean staff is friendly breakfast is good . When ever I head back to irvine the hilton irvine /orange will be my choice.

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for the nice words about Moala at the Front Desk. She is such a nice person and it's nice to see her recognized this way. I am so happy to see that you enjoyed the hotel and had the opportunity to enjoy the breakfast as well, and found everything to be just what you were looking for. We are very pleased that you are going to become a regular visitor whenever you find yourself staying in the Irvine area.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

The friendliness of the clerks made me feel right at home. It was a beautiful hotel in a perfect location right across the street from the airport and right on the main boulevard. Elegant environment with great prices.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Dolores E, General Manager at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Holly,

I just had a chance to read the comments you wrote regarding your stay at our property last month. It was great to see how much you enjoyed your visit and how impressed you were with the hotel. I was very pleased to see how much you liked the newer design and decor of the hotel's interiors, and that you found the location to fit your needs so perfectly. Of course what is most important to me is the service we provide, and I was touched by your comment that "the friendliness of the clerks made me feel right at home". That's always our goal and I appreciate you letting us know hoe we are doing in that respect. I know you are probably glad to be back home in Indiana, but we look forward to seeing you back on the West Coast very soon.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

You may lose your property in the room and you can not use WI-FI in the room because of the bad quality

I lost I-PAD2 in the drawer of the room and could not use Wi-Fi in the rrom.

I stayed at this hotel for 3 days in AUG. of 2013.
I put my I-PAD2 in the drawer of the room with my clothes in the morning of the 2nd day.
When I returned the room at the night, I found my I-PAD lost in the drawer.
Next morning I notified this situation to one manager.
And the processing was being proceeded during some weeks.
Finally I received the answer that nobody of the hotel and the insurance company do not recover my lost IPAD2 because I did not put my I-PAD2 in the safe of the room.
I wonder if it is possible to put I-PAD2 into the safe because of the size of I-PAD2.

Everybody to stay this Irvine Hilton Hotel!
Please check your baggages and properties whether you can put them into the safe in the room!
Without check it, you might lose anything in the room.
Do not believe anybody of this hotel for your property.
Especially the cleaning members of the rooms and safe system of the room and CCD camera of the hotel!
You must keep your properties by your own locking system in the room!!!

In additions, the quality of WI-FI in the room is very poor.
WI-FI is impossible in the room.
Only the computers near the front desk, the internet is possible.

I rate this hotel worst and I will not use this hotel forever!!

Room Tip: Before everybody to stay this Irvine Hilton Hotel! Please check your baggages and properties whethe...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank wjwj0002_David

Thank you for providing your comments on your stay and letting us know about your visit at the hotel. I am certainly sorry that your IPAD was lost during the period you stayed at the hotel. When you advised us the following day that it was missing, we at that time followed all procedures and investigated as did our insurance company after they were notified. I am certainly sorry that it was not recovered and know that you must have been very disappointed. If you would like to contact me to obtain further information or discuss this, please do so at any time. We know that travel can at times be very trying and do appreciate your business.