I typically don't expect much from airport-adjacent hotels, but this place is nicer than most.
You wouldn't really know it from the outside--pulling up to this place, the appearance screams "generic, dated hotel probably built sometime between the late 1960s and late 1970s." But once I checked in, I was quite satisfied. The rooms are large and super-clean, the furnishings are quite decent for this class of hotel, and the mattress and bedding are very, very comfortable. (I was given an "Executive Level" room, whatever that might mean, so I can't swear that the "standard" rooms are the same, but I would suspect that any differences are relatively minor.) The room's HVAC system worked very well and was easy and efficient to operate and control. The bathroom, while nothing fancy, was well-maintained and in good working order, and decently laid out.
Despite the proximity to the airport (it's literally right across the street from the airport), there was no noticeable jet noise or other airport noise in the rooms. In fact, the only annoying noises I heard, which did come at an unfortunately early time of the morning, was not from planes but rather from other flying objects, namely, some loud and annoying honking from a flock of geese or other similar waterfowl that seemed to have taken up temporary residence next to the hotel for an hour or so. Certainly nothing that was the hotel staff's fault or that could have been avoided, and probably not a common occurrence. My dealings with the staff were limited, but in general they were quite professional, cordial, and welcoming.
The common areas aren't particularly exciting, but they're fine. There's a decent workout room, with exercise equipment that seems to be properly maintained and in good working order. There is a large outdoor pool/Jacuzzi area that's quite nice for a hotel in this class.
The price, including tax, was under $200 with a AAA discount for my "Executive" room, which isn't bad for this area. Wi-Fi access was included for that price, though I think they charge for Wi-Fi in the standard rooms. Based on how it worked in my room at least, it wouldn't be worth paying for--the signal was spotty and it was slow (using cellular data was actually quite a bit faster, so I didn't even bother with the Wi-Fi). Self-parking costs an extra $16 a day, which seems like a lot for a outdoor parking in a lot, especially in this Orange County location (it would be a good price for downtown L.A., but I think that many places in this area don't charge for parking at all, so this seemed a bit unfair to me).
All in all, this was much nicer than I expected out of an older Hilton at the airport, and I certainly would not hesitate to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport is centrally located in the heart of Orange County and located near many attractions, shopping centers, and restaurants.Use the complimentary shuttle from Orange County John Wayne Airport. We provide a comfortable setting for any event and welcome the opportunity to welcome your family or group. Equipped with outdoor pool, fitness center, Aura Bar and Grill, this Irvine hotel offers luxury accomodations and expert service for your leisure or corporate stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport Hotel Irvine
- Hilton Hotel Irvine
- Irvine Hilton
- Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport CA