“Convenient Location”

Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Irvine
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Convenient Location”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We just wanted a place for an overnight getaway. It was conveniently located off the 405. Although its location is directly across from the airport, we did not hear any airplanes. It appears to be a great location for meetings and conferences. We just wanted to rest and that's what we did. It was very quiet and comfortable. Parking rates a bit pricey, but we got a great rate on the room which included a hot american buffet breakfast. The breakfast itself was average and didn't stay hot/warm very long. But it sufficed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonIrvineGM, General Manager at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.

I am glad that we were able to provide a relaxing experience for you.
Hopefully you left feeling rejuvenated.

Thank you for the feedback on your breakfast experience. I apologize that the temperature didn't hold as expected. I reviewed your comments with our Chef and he is working with his team to ensure the temperature issue isn't repeated.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Korean first
Paris, France
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Good location near the 405 freeway Mc Arthur to Newport Beach and Costa Mesa shopping mall & restaurants. Room was comfortable and quiet despite proximity to OC airport. Booked 1 night and stayed 2 as place was convenient. Staff at the desk was kind and very helpful (ask Miguel S.).

Stayed July 2014
HiltonIrvineGM, General Manager at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.
I was very happy to read that you liked it so much you extended your stay!
We appreciate it.

Thank you for kind comments regarding our Front Desk team and for mentioning Miguel.
You made his day.

We look forward to being of service to you again soon.

Las vegas
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This hotel doesn't deserve a 4 star rate…

There are spider webs on the patio furniture

The balcony door doesn't work it seems like it was off the rail

The gap between the door and the floor is huge I think that is one of the reasons that you can even hear the elevator open from your room…explain my frustration to a manager he didn't even seem to care I had received better service at a holiday inn
IS THE WORST Hilton property
I had visit

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.
I appreciate your comments and am terribly sorry we failed to meet some very basic expectations to include a clean hotel and a quiet stay.

I apologize for our failure to effectively respond to you when you gave us the opportunity to address your concerns.

We know you have a choice when you travel. I hope that should your travels bring you back to Orange County, you will give us the opportunity to demonstrate the high level of service we typically provide.

Hilton Irvine/Orange Airport
Minneapolis
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The Hilton is in a great location if you want to stay close to the John Wayne airport. The hotel rooms are a good size and have average furniture. The one issue with my room was that the sliding glass door's lock was broken. I called the front desk when I checked the door before leaving my room to report the problem. They assured me that the door would be fixed when I returned to my room. When I returned later that evening I checked the door and it had not been fixed. At that point I felt it was too late to call the front desk again and jimmy rigged furniture to "lock" the door. At check out I told the front desk about the issue and it was not really acknowledged. As a safety issue I feel that they should have working locks on their doors (it even says the door will only open 4 inches for guest's safety).

Side note: The hotel's restaurant had a nice menu. The salmon entree I ordered was very good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay.

I apologize for the issue with the sliding glass door in your room.
I am disappointed that the door lock was not working properly upon your arrival.
I am frustrated and embarrassed by our failure to ensure that the issue was corrected once we were notified of the problem. Your comfort and safety is of the utmost importance to us.

Our Chef was very appreciative of your comments regarding the grilled salmon.
He will be sure to share your comments with our culinary team.

If you return to our area, I hope you will consider staying with us again.

Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Close to everything, very professional and courteous service from entire staff.

We stayed on the 14th floor and was very happy with all the "extras" that we were provided with. This will be the hotel we come back to any time we are in the area.

If you have are looking for group rates, then call and speak with the sales manager Yalda. She was absolutely amazing to work with and took care of all our needs.

I would highly encourage anyone and everyone to check out the Wyndham in Irvine for your travel needs.

Paul

Room Tip: 14th floor executive suites - a must see. Extremely quiet and comfortable!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for the great review!
We appreciate it!

We look forward to being of service to you again soon.

Windsor, California
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Really nice hotel, in very good condition. It is located right across from the airport, but you can not hear any noises inside the hotel.

Very nice check in staff, Donna was wonderful getting us into a great room. There were 3 of us, so we got a large king room with a flat boarded roll-a-way single bed. It had a narrow balcony with the cleanest sliding glass door I have ever seen.

As a Hilton Hhonors Gold member, they were very generous with the breakfast coupons (there were 3 in our party). Breakfast is expensive at $19, but the buffet is wonderful. 2 types of fresh hot scrambled eggs, lots of pastries, amazing assortment of wonderful fresh fruits. Hot coffee served at the table with an amazing thermos carafe that really keeps the coffee hot.

The hidden secret is the outdoor pool. It is behind the hotel in a locked gated area. Plenty of clean folded towels, beautiful free formed shaped tile pool. Looks like it is in a private estate. Both of the night we were there there was only 1 or 2 other people in the pool area. Very quiet and relaxing. Lights come on at night booth underwater and around the pool area. There was also a ping pong table available (you just had to ask for paddles and balls at the front desk). Also locked tennis court for hotel use.

Was able to secure a great rate, really good value for the money. We will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for what you want, they will try to accommodate you.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the terrific review!
I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us to include enjoying our breakfast buffet and even a little pool time.

I am delighted you had a chance to meet Donna at the Front Desk.
She is a fantastic associate and will be so appreciative of your comments.

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Hilton.
We can't wait to welcome you back to Orange County!

Beaconsfield, UK
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I am an 'experienced' international traveller so I am used to arriving tired so my routine at check-in is to confirm the room is non-smoking, away from the lift, away from the ice machine, so far so good until I hear the yapping and howling noise start around 8pm (local time just as I am nodding off having arrived from UK so body clock = 4am). Try ear plugs which are no use and as I have already moved room once (due to interconnecting door- remember to add to list of must-haves!) and I am unpacked and in my PJ's I endure until the owner comes back around midnight. Folllowing morning I see the owner/next door room leaving carrying TWO dog cages down the hall! So beware - this hotel allows pets!

I had a dinner & breakfast in the small lobby restaurant- surprisingly good (but expensive) but suits the guests who do not want to venture out.

Pool was v.quiet but the used towel bin was overflowing onto the floor and waste bin area

Room Tip: ask about if neighboring rooms have Pets checked in!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at our Hotel.

We are pet friendly and typically receive only positive comments about this accommodation.
We rarely receive negative feedback regarding pets in the building not behaving properly.
I apologize for the inconvenience that this caused you.

I am glad that you enjoyed your experience in our restaurant and appreciate your note regarding the disposition of the pool area. I have reviewed your comments with our Director of Housekeeping.

Again - thank you for review and we hope to be of service to you in the future.

Hilton Irvine/Orange County