Stayed here recently for a youth sports tournament nearby.
Nicely redone property - sleek and modern, West Elm looking decor. (Still has the popcorn ceilings though!)
Food at the hotel was very good, better than your standard hotel fare, with healthy and interesting options.
Good pool for kids
As noted previously, the property is right next to the airport so it should be no surprise that there was a fair amount of air traffic noise in the evenings and mornings. I am a light sleeper and found this extremely annoying, but it did not seem to bother my kids in the least.
We upgraded to the "Executive Level" for $40 more per night, but really there were no perks in this upgrade. No club room with snacks, not a bigger room, etc. I asked at the front desk what we were getting for our $40 and she said being on the top floor was quieter and we got more "room amenities" Not sure what these room amenities were, but our room seemed exactly the same as our friends who paid $40 less.
This is a perfectly ok property and if you were there for a conference or had an early flight and wanted to be close to the airport, I suppose it would be ok. I was planning to give the Hilton 3 stars until the next day I discovered I had left my make-up bag in the room. I called the front desk to inform them (we had teammates still there and I wanted them to pick it up and bring it back with them) and the person I talked to looked on some sort of "housekeeping log" and couldn't find a record that a make-up bag was found. This staff member didn't seem to concerned about my loss - not even an "I'm sorry, what else can I do to help?" I asked to speak with the housekeeping manager and was sent to a vm. I left a message, and when I didn't hear back within a few hours, left another message. I spoke with another family that stayed there with us and they had the same experience over a swimsuit that was left in the hotel restaurant. They called the front desk and were told they didn't have it and nothing was done to try and resolve the situation. In all fairness, I did receive a call 4 days later from the housekeeping manager apologizing for just getting back, but at that point I had already replaced all of the missing items so it didn't really matter.
I can not recommend this property due to their lack of concern over the items mistakenly left there. Especially a Hilton of this caliber.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport is centrally located in the heart of Orange County and located near many attractions, shopping centers, and restaurants.Use the complimentary shuttle from Orange County John Wayne Airport. We provide a comfortable setting for any event and welcome the opportunity to welcome your family or group. Equipped with outdoor pool, fitness center, Aura Bar and Grill, this Irvine hotel offers luxury accomodations and expert service for your leisure or corporate stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport Hotel Irvine
- Hilton Hotel Irvine
- Irvine Hilton
- Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport CA