“Very Comfortable Hotel”

Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Irvine
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 August 2009

We stay at this hotel when we are visiting Disneyland. It is a very quick drive to the park, and you get the feeling of being "away from it all" by not staying in Anaheim. This hotel is in a safe, quiet and comfortable location. As a female, I would not hesitate to stay here alone - it is a very safe property.

The Orange County airport is literally directly across the street, but I have never been bothered by noise here. There are also many business parks nearby and restaurants too. This hotel seems to welcome lots of business travelers and as such, the rooms have ample desk workspace. Internet access is available for a fee, of course.

The rooms are beautiful and have been recently renovated. Some of the rooms face an interior courtyard that is very relaxing to look at - lots of palm trees. The service is fine and the hotel has always been very clean. There is a nice restaurant on premises and a large lobby bar. There is also a very small convenience "pantry" next to the front desk for any items you may have forgotten to pack.

My main criticism of this hotel is the outrageous $16 per night charge for self parking (it is $20 per night for valet parking)! There is an ample outdoor parking lot, but there is really no reason to charge so much to park a car. There isn't even a garage! I get the feeling the hotel charges for parking just because they can since they are so close to the airport. Other than that, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
hoteltravelerIrvine, Director of Sales at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2009

We appreciate your comments and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We hope that you will be returning to experience other venues in Orange County. You are correct, it is nice to be a little distance away from Disneyland sometimes and the cool ocean breezes reach up to the Irvine area. Please look at our package pricing next time you come back to Irvine, for some of the packages include complimentary parking. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,025)

Reviewed 27 July 2009

Others noted this hotel's proximity to the airport. For some, the noise of the airplanes taking off will be a problem. For others, like my son who is five and fascinated with flight, the chance to see light planes, private jets, and jumbos up close and noisy is fun. The airport grounds flights from 10P-7A weekdays.
Another reviewer described the lobby and restaurant area as "modernista," and although I giggle at the term, it is apropos. The entire area is open, almost like a really big great room, broken into "rooms" by furniture and lighting. It is geometric and inviting, and more than a little European influenced.
The pool was large - about 25 meters long - and well kept. The pool area lacked umbrellas, which is bothersome in the Southern California July sun. Perhaps the umbrellas usually found there were put to use for the private parties/meetings; there were at least 4 groups each day that we were there.
The restaurant was adequate, and the staff were always helpful and upbeat.
I had one or two (minor) concerns:
First, the toilet in the room above us bellowed each time it was used. It was disturbing.
Second, although the room was as expected, including a fabulously comfortable reading chair, this property should update their media. The room has a tube TV with limited viewing options – for example, nothing for someone under 10 to watch – and that just doesn’t cut it. And although it is _de rigueur_ at hotels to charge, no one should have to pay for internet.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank jidteach
hoteltravelerIrvine, Director of Sales at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2009

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your comments. Our "modernista" lobby and restaurant is the design of the world reknowned Leo Daly. We have since put up more umbrellas too, per your suggestion. We are always looking of opportunities to please our guests. And look to our packages, where we have since designed some packages that include internet as a value added item. We appreciate your comments.

Reviewed 11 July 2009

We just got back from a 2 night stay at the Hilton Irvine-I am shocked that this hotel is part of the Hilton chain. It is certainly not the 4 stars that hotwire gave it!! Rooms were fine-clean. There is no soundproofing at all in this hotel so not only do you hear ALL the airport noise but you also hear people in their rooms and in the hall! We were hoping for a nice pool-not so. Apartment complexes have nicer pools!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank karmccart
Reviewed 6 June 2009

I am staying at the Irvine Hilton/John Wayne Airport right now as I write this. Everything is as you would expect for its price category and class. Linens are above par. Room is clean. Bed is quality. The lobby is really quite nice/modernista. Work out room is small but sufficient.
They need to get flat panel TV's. Old TV's waste so much space and the picture quality is awful, but that is minor. Staff has been pleasant. I'd stay here again as long as the location was convenient for what I was doing in town. The other Hilton about 3 miles up the 405 was $50 more a night. I've stayed at that one and its basically the same as this.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2009

I've stayed with this hotel on several occasions for business and find it quite pleasant. The desk remembers my name and I have even been picked as a guest of the day (I love free stuff). Food in the restaurant is good, the bar is great, and you hardly notice it’s an Airport property. Its one of the better hotels in my travels.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
hoteltravelerIrvine, Director of Sales at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2009

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 27 May 2009

I recently was sent to Irvine for business and was booked into the Hilton across the street from the airport. I'm a real lobby snob and I really liked the decor they have up. The staff was very friendly and I was quickly checked into my room which was comfy and clean. Their breakfast the next morning in the restaurant was pretty good. Overall I had a great stay.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
hoteltravelerIrvine, Director of Sales at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2009

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. We were recently remodeled and are pleased that you like the decor as much as we do. It is truly exceptional and won the ASID Legacy Design Award in 2008. We hope that you will join us again in the future and are glad that you enjoyed your stay in Irvine.

Reviewed 19 April 2009

Had a one night stay at this hotel, which is opposite Orange County Airport. It appears to have been upgraded recently and the room was very nice with a comfortable bed. I would highly recommend it, but bring some ear plugs as the runway is not that far away and the noise of the aircraft taking off was a little noisy. But then this is an airport hotel and very close to the airport. I agree with the previous reviewer about the parking charge and parking, but I discovered that when entering the car park, that even though the sign tells you to turn right for self parking, you could in-fact turn left and there was self parking spots in front of the Hotel main entrance with the Valet parking spots between them and the hotel entrance.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family