“Comfortable, enjoyable”

GreenLeadersSilver level
SF CA
“Comfortable, enjoyable”
Reviewed 8 October 2009

The room was very nice, clean, updated, comfortable and enjoyable. Parking is extra and can get expensive. The room was quite but we faced away from the airport. The front desk helped me find a nail salon, mapped directions and answered all my questions. I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
hoteltravelerIrvine, Director of Sales at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 21 October 2009
Thank you for your response and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us in Irvine, CA. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to having you return to stay with us again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Korean first
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 October 2009

This hotel was actually a bit of a pleasant surprise and I had no option but to stay here for an event. Lobby was very welcoming and the staff was too. A quick call once at the airport meant that 15 mins later the shuttle bus picked me up. I had a room right at the end of a corridor and so that did minimize a lot of the noise. The noise that I was disrupted by was not of planes flying furniture scraping on the floor, footsteps up above and doors slamming. But once everyone was settled in for the for the night a relatively full night's sleep was had.

Bathroom was basic but towels and bed linens were clean - that's all that I require! I did order room service and the quality of the food was very nice but the quantity wasn't! It was a vey nice piece of fish and about 4 baby carrots and 6 asparagus sticks. I was left hungry after-wards - only downside of the food! So unless you're an incredibly light eater order an appetizer or sides.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Thank you for writing your review and we are glad that you found the room comfortable and welcoming. We also appreciate your comments regarding your room service order and have shared your suggestions with our Chef. We value your critique and have changed our portions per your recommendations. We hope that you will be returning to Irvine and hope that you select the Hilton Irvine at that time.
Bradenton, FL
Reviewed 23 September 2009

When I made my reservation, I requested a "quiet room". I was concerned about airport noise. When I checked in, I asked if I had a room with little noise. I was assured I did. My room was 262. There was no airport noise. However, I could hear every toilet in the hotel when it was flushed, the business call of guy next door (I advise you not to sign that big deal - the terms are too steep) and everyone in the hallway.

In short, this hotel has little airport noise, but the internal noise levels are awful. Management seems very concerned about the local reputation of its lobby bar. They should be striving to provide a quiet environment for overnight guests.

Finally, skip the breakfast buffet - very weak. But it may have been my mood since I hadn't slept.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BarefootTom
We appreciate your review and are looking into solutions for the internal noise complaints. Our valuable guests give us excellent feedback and we continually look for ways to improve their stays. With that goal in mind, we are striving to provide a quiet environment for our overnight guests and thank you for sharing your comments.
East Windsor, CT.
Reviewed 21 August 2009

We stayed at the Hilton Irvine for 4 nights for a family reunion at this hotel. The rooms were really clean and the checkin/out staff were really friendly. We totally missed the part about turning left for closer parking and we followed the sign turn right and ended up parking at the far end near the tennis courts. We liked the pool since it was heated and the pool was large enough based on the size of the hotel. The food at the banquet was not that great but the breakfast buffet was good each morning. We usually camp with a tent to save money and yes if we had to return to the Irvine area we would stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
hoteltravelerIrvine, Director of Sales at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 28 August 2009
Thank you for your review from your latest stay with us. We are always striving to assure that our guest have a great experience and we are glad that you enjoyed the Irvine area. We appreciate your comments and look forward to having you back with us.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 4 August 2009

We stay at this hotel when we are visiting Disneyland. It is a very quick drive to the park, and you get the feeling of being "away from it all" by not staying in Anaheim. This hotel is in a safe, quiet and comfortable location. As a female, I would not hesitate to stay here alone - it is a very safe property.

The Orange County airport is literally directly across the street, but I have never been bothered by noise here. There are also many business parks nearby and restaurants too. This hotel seems to welcome lots of business travelers and as such, the rooms have ample desk workspace. Internet access is available for a fee, of course.

The rooms are beautiful and have been recently renovated. Some of the rooms face an interior courtyard that is very relaxing to look at - lots of palm trees. The service is fine and the hotel has always been very clean. There is a nice restaurant on premises and a large lobby bar. There is also a very small convenience "pantry" next to the front desk for any items you may have forgotten to pack.

My main criticism of this hotel is the outrageous $16 per night charge for self parking (it is $20 per night for valet parking)! There is an ample outdoor parking lot, but there is really no reason to charge so much to park a car. There isn't even a garage! I get the feeling the hotel charges for parking just because they can since they are so close to the airport. Other than that, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
We appreciate your comments and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We hope that you will be returning to experience other venues in Orange County. You are correct, it is nice to be a little distance away from Disneyland sometimes and the cool ocean breezes reach up to the Irvine area. Please look at our package pricing next time you come back to Irvine, for some of the packages include complimentary parking. We look forward to welcoming you back.
CA
Reviewed 27 July 2009

Others noted this hotel's proximity to the airport. For some, the noise of the airplanes taking off will be a problem. For others, like my son who is five and fascinated with flight, the chance to see light planes, private jets, and jumbos up close and noisy is fun. The airport grounds flights from 10P-7A weekdays.
Another reviewer described the lobby and restaurant area as "modernista," and although I giggle at the term, it is apropos. The entire area is open, almost like a really big great room, broken into "rooms" by furniture and lighting. It is geometric and inviting, and more than a little European influenced.
The pool was large - about 25 meters long - and well kept. The pool area lacked umbrellas, which is bothersome in the Southern California July sun. Perhaps the umbrellas usually found there were put to use for the private parties/meetings; there were at least 4 groups each day that we were there.
The restaurant was adequate, and the staff were always helpful and upbeat.
I had one or two (minor) concerns:
First, the toilet in the room above us bellowed each time it was used. It was disturbing.
Second, although the room was as expected, including a fabulously comfortable reading chair, this property should update their media. The room has a tube TV with limited viewing options – for example, nothing for someone under 10 to watch – and that just doesn’t cut it. And although it is _de rigueur_ at hotels to charge, no one should have to pay for internet.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank jidteach
hoteltravelerIrvine, Director of Sales at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 6 September 2009
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your comments. Our "modernista" lobby and restaurant is the design of the world reknowned Leo Daly. We have since put up more umbrellas too, per your suggestion. We are always looking of opportunities to please our guests. And look to our packages, where we have since designed some packages that include internet as a value added item. We appreciate your comments.
Huntington Beach, CA
Reviewed 11 July 2009

We just got back from a 2 night stay at the Hilton Irvine-I am shocked that this hotel is part of the Hilton chain. It is certainly not the 4 stars that hotwire gave it!! Rooms were fine-clean. There is no soundproofing at all in this hotel so not only do you hear ALL the airport noise but you also hear people in their rooms and in the hall! We were hoping for a nice pool-not so. Apartment complexes have nicer pools!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family