“Not the best but good for the money”

Atrium Hotel at Orange County Airport
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Irvine
Reviewed 29 September 2011

The rooms are old, outdated, but clean. The tubs are from the 50’s and not in the best shape.
The really good part of the hotel is the staff for one, food at the restaurant for another, but the nice surprise was the pool area.
The weather was cool and breezy, which made it nice, but the general pool area was Very Cool.
Tents with couches and large pillows made it a great place to congregate in the evening, order drinks and food from the outdoor bar (complete with large screen TVs).
An LED light show in the trees made it feel like a place we once went to in Europe.
It was a fun and relaxing experience.
The hotel is located directly across the street from the Airport, but we never heard a sound.
If the weather is bad and you had to count on the inside rooms to stay, its not that good.

In all it’s a good value for the money. If you’re looking for a place to lay your head or hang out with friends at the end of the day I recommend this place.
If you need an upscale room with all the trimmings, this isn’t the place.
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: My room faced the pool and was very quite. I'd request that.

Reviewed 23 September 2011

Ok so let me start by saying this hotel has beautiful grounds and pool area. The lobby is also beautiful. However, The beds suck and as hard as rocks. When we booked our rm we told them that there was going to be 3 adults, so they said they would give us the executive suit that sleeps 4...1 king and 1 queen size bed. Great!!! (Knowing we were coming for a family wedding and my uncle's church uses there business rm on a weekly basis.)
Well not so great, we walked in the rm and the bed they called a queen was a hide a bed fold out with a mattress as thin as a foam mattress with bars...wooohooo REALLY? you call this a bed?? You have go to be kidding me. The only other rm they had available was a double queen rm the size of a studio. That was not going to work for 3 adults. We made due while we were there. My uncle gave me an air mattress to put on the couch. It went flat :( We had brought this to the attention of the front desk and manager on several occasions and if there was anything that became available to please let us know. On our late day there after spending 4 nights on this thing, my mom and I had noticed that the whole bottom floor was being remolded and they SEVERAL beds in one rm stacked up not being used! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? I went to the front desk to ask if one top mattress could be brought up to our rm so I could put it on top of the couch fold out, they told me no the don't move the beds around. Again?? Are you kidding me? You don't move the beds yet there are several in one
room and they all don't belong in there. You would think that with all the business that comes and goes in that place from my uncle that they would be a little more accommodating. They did not do anything to make it more comfortable for us. Very disappointing. If it wasn't for the lack of front desk service and trying to make it more comfortable for their guests I would prob stay again but I just can't bring myself to ever go back there. Once was enough for me.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank wagirl1971
Reviewed 17 September 2011

I spent the night at the Atrium Hotel the summer of 2005 and still remember the experience. I was on a work trip during my graduate degree and had spent the long and very hot week in El Centro, CA. I was young and impressionable but well travelled. I remember the Atrium Hotel because it smelled good, had very comfortable beds and comforters. This is the first hotel I remember being "green". I was greeted in my chilly room with a card asking me to help them conserve water, I remember writing a note saying I would love to but was only staying one night. Next time I visit CA I will make my way to the Atrium and cross my fingers its as good as I remember.

Reviewed 15 September 2011

Nice rooms and a lot less noise than most airport hotels. The breakfast buffet was pretty standard and property was maintained well. The fitness center was much less than average and very very limited.

Reviewed 29 August 2011

Our stay was fantastic. If you are looking for a hotel with 5 Star service and cheap rates, this is the place to be!!!!! The hook is the beautiful courtyard with double pools and white tented cabana’s. We felt transported to a little villa with all the amenities of Orange County at our service. The onsite Rental Car service is a plus***make sure to haggle it will benefit your rate*** They offer free shuttle service around the hotel, the airport is in walking distance, but still out of the range of the flight patterns. My husband and I were able to relax and enjoy our stay. We will be back!!! Special “Thank You” to Fredrick (The Hotel Service Manager) & to Juana (Room Extraordinaire Attendant)

Room Tip: The Poolside Rooms make the trip!!!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank SeattleMomOfThree_11
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We stay at the Atrium every year with our softball team. It is easily located next to the airport. The rooms a great (could upgrade the TV's to flat screens), food was good but the pool area with the cabanas were fantastic. Comfortable couches to lounge in with TV and the wonderful California breeze. Close to Huntington and Newport beaches. Really enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2011

I would have to agree with others when they said the outside and the lobby of the hotel are misleading. TERRIBLE Room-my A/C unit went out in the middle of the night and the shower was the size car trunk. Not to mention how incredibly rude the girl was at the front desk. Did not give me continental breakfast coupons like she gave the other couples checking in. Was incredibly rude and full of attitiude and could hardly perform her job function. Terrible place to stay-what a rip off. If it was not for the close location to the airport, I would have never stayed. Never again. RUDE RUDE RUDE

Room Tip: Ask to see a room first. Rooms are dingy and dirty.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family