Atrium Hotel at Orange County Airport
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$188
US$153
  • Restaurant
US$158
US$139
Doubletree.com
US$164
Residence Inn
Residence Inn by Marriott Irvine Spectrum(Irvine)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$189
US$177
EmbassySuites.com
US$161
US$151
  • Pool
Courtyard by Marriott Irvine Spectrum(Irvine)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$131
US$128
Hotels.com
Irvine Marriott(Irvine)(Great Value!)
US$181
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgas station next doorjohn wayne airportdirectly across the streetmile radiusbit datedfree shuttlehotel shuttlesna airportmacarthureventoc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 July 2012

When checking in the lobby and pool area seemed fine but as we proceeded to our room my heart sank and I said I wish I did not choose this hotel. The front staff were wonderful and the rate was 92.00 for the night, i would have paid double for another place knowing what I know now. I saw a lot of areas in need of work and updating in halls. Upon entering the room and closing the door the number hand prints and dirt on the back of the door was alarming. My family was shocked. The room needs updating. Would not return here.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I'm sure this hotel was amazing 15 years ago (and I use that time frame because that is what the furnishing seem to reflect) by for the price I paid and the location, I expected WAY more. The paint is chipped off on the bathroom dorr, the furnishings are scrtatched and so old they look like they were gathered from Goodwill! The view is non existent (unless you have a thing for parking lots!) and the "food" came straight from the can.

The pool area is lovely and very typical of many older California hotels. The bartenders were friendly...and that is the only positive I have to say about this place.

There is no access to any of the rooms from the lobby!! I had to walk OUTSIDE the building and take a long hike to get to the elevator (which can only be found by passing through the pool area). Then the room signs are so confusing that I was starting to feel like a rat in a maze before I found my room!

There are stairs to walk, regardless of using the elevator, and that is really challenging for anyone who has recently had any kind of knee surgery (which I have). You can hear (and feel!)every time some kid runs up and down the hallway. I was on the 2nd floor and could very clearly hear a lot of movement over my head.

Once in my room, the stench of cigarettes (in a non smoking room!) was horrible. I called the front desk and told them I wanted another room but I was not about to schlep my luggage all the way back to the lobby and then spend another 30 minutes in the heat trying to find the new room. A bellman was dispatched with the new room key and I came to a room that had a broken toilet (it ran all night long and I could not make it stop) and a cracked hair dryer (which I was nervous about using because the crack was located on the plug!) and there is no real tub in the bathroom..only a shower and a strange looking sitz bath sized "form" for the shower.

I've had to pay $14 to park my car in the parking lot that is shared with a couple of other businesses and once you are in here, you aren't taking your car anywhere without getting hit for another $14!

All in all, this was the worst hotel in which I have stayed in all of California. The food was ridiculously overpriced and so was the room. The pool, while decent looking, was very small for a hotel this size.

Room Tip: If you want a good room, stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I have reviewed this hotel before, I just felt the need to give them one more level up after my last stay. The rooms haven't changed much, but they overall seemed cleaner then the last stay, the reason I am bumping it up is the staff. They seemed much friendlier this time and much more accommodating. SO overall, it's ok for a value hotel near an airport.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Clyde_Betts
Reviewed 14 June 2012

So far my stay here is pleasant and the staff is friendly and helpful. The pool area is definitely an attraction. I love the huts to enjoy your pool time or lunch. Stay tuned for my update upon my departure.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 May 2012 via mobile

I'm trying to figure out why this hotel has been getting low ratings lately. What exactly is the beef? I admit I don't like the self-parking fee that isn't mentioned up front at several travel sites, and that therefore often comes as a surprise. But my experience with the desk staff (we've stayed 3 or 4 times) has always been positive. The pool and pool area are great, as is the lobby. The location is right down the street from several good restaurants (iHOP service sucks, but the food is good). The only legit concern about the accommodations I've experience is that they were dated. However, the hotel is undergoing a renovation and the room we had (3rd floor, pool view) was really nice, and I was told it is representative of the renovated rooms. Overall, our recent stay was excellent. I hope this underrated hotel begins to get some respect, they are certainly working for it.

• Stayed: May 2012