“Nice Place, Easy on the Wallet, I'll Be Back!”

Atrium Hotel at Orange County Airport
Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Irvine
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice Place, Easy on the Wallet, I'll Be Back!”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I had some business in Irvine and this hotel was SO what I needed. First of all, it's so close to the airport, I almost felt guilty about renting a car. Surprisingly, I didn't hear any airplanes. I had a good few nights' sleep in a big, comfy bed. The rooms are a little dated, but they are good and well-kept. Whenever I stay somewhere, I like to snoop around and peek into the conference rooms and event spaces. Definitely a good place for meetings. Irvine is a nice city and The Atrium fits in. Everything is close; great restaurants, in all price ranges, convenience stores and drugstores, Starbucks (!), my gym, movie theaters, and great shopping not too far away. That said, you never have to leave the hotel. Great, reasonably-priced food at the restaurant, free internet, and even a cool poolside bar which had live entertainment while I was there. The staff was nice and very accommodating. My late checkout turned into a VERY late checkout and I got no grief about it. I will be returning, for sure! You can't beat it for the price.

Room Tip: The rooms away from the pool are quieter, but the "noise" by the pool is music and it'...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Most convenient location! Staff is very friendly and pool and bar and live music is amazing! Great food as well! I would definitely recommend it. Poolside cabanas are great with TV in each of them. Great place to meet business clients or relax with family. Try the burger!

• Stayed July 2013
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice a year over the past 5 years and always found it very comfortable.
They offer a shuttle bus from John Wayne Airport, South Coast Plaza and Fashion Island. The pool area and cabanas are lovely with music playing and lovely lighting in the evenings.
The front desk staff have always been a bit disorganized, not able to cope with early check in, but pleasant enough, with the valets always friendly and helpful.
There is a gas station next door, so I was able to buy fresh milk, only thing is the rooms didn't have a fridge, so had to use the ice bucket and ice vending machine.
Being an international traveler it was helpful to use the laundry as well.
I always enjoyed my stay here for business.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Hotel was very centrally located with easy freeway access to the locations I needed to get to in Orange County. Very accomodating stay and the food was great! I had a nice balcony room overlooking the pool and they had wonderful live entertainment. I especially loved the poolside bar and cabanas. Free internet access so I could complete my business in a bright, sunny room. Despite previous reviews the hotel was a pleasant surprise!

Room Tip: Interior facing pool room with a balcony. Good for business and relaxation.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Murrysville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Based on other reviews, I was hesitant, but had a very nice stay. The hotel is older. I would not stay here for a vacation, but for business travel it was totally fine. To tell the truth, it reminded me of going to grandma's house. Old, but nice and comfortable. I had a room on the 3rd floor overlooking the interior courtyard/pool. The bed was very comfortable and the room was on the larger side with a nice large desk. I was only in the room to sleep and shower but my time there was uneventful - no problems. Parking is $12/day but nearly every hotel in Orange County charges a parking fee so it should not surprise anyone. The only thing I have to say negative is that the hotel charged my credit card $4 for a bottled water that I did not consume. I've had this happen at other places too. Nobody including me is going to go through all the trouble of disputing a small $4 charge to their credit card company. It's not worth my time for 4 bucks. If the hotel is doing this regularly, that's a nice little profit they are accumulating on fake water charges. I used the vending machine in the hall and know for absolute fact that I didn't take the $4 water from the room. Oh well, that's life. It's not like housekeeping could have had a gripe - I tipped them generously every night there. Besides that, very nice stay at the Atrium.

Room Tip: Request the top floor, facing inward toward the hotel's pool.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

Front desk staff is very odd; when we tried to check out, they had 3 folks hunched over and agonizing over the computer, and a line backing up behind. Rather than take one of those people to assist the other guests, all 3 kept trying to help that one guest. Pool area was nice, grounds were ok, but rooms were mediocre at best. Musty smell and run-down looking. Staff is friendly. Restaurant staff is friendly, but food was tasteless; tried eating breakfast there once, never again.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Peter H
Rockford, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Old, dated, smelly hotel. Valet staff friendly but front desk overworked. Concerned about security on back door that wasn't closing properly. Especially in light of three apparent prostitutes working the grounds. The only positive is convenience to the highway and airport. If this is your choice, reconsider!

Room Tip: Choose a room at another hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank DOC112
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irvine
Wyndham Irvine-Orange County Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Irvine - Orange County Airport
The Duke Hotel Newport Beach
The Duke Hotel Newport Beach
#9 of 17 in Newport Beach

Been to Atrium Hotel at Orange County Airport? Share your experiences!