“Exciting Birthday Experience! ��”
Review of Agora Churrascaria

Agora Churrascaria
Reserve with OpenTable
Agora Churrascaria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 654 Restaurants in Irvine
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Barbecue, Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: McArthur
Description: Churrascaria - a Brazilian Steak House in the “Rodizio” style.  A great variety of different cuts of meat, such as beef, chicken, pork and lamb are cooked on an open fire and carved table-side by traditionally dressed Gaucho (local ranchers from the south of Brazil).  The fixed- price menu includes an extensive hot and cold salad bar that features fresh salads and vegetable dishes as well as delicious seafood dishes.
Irvine, California
“Exciting Birthday Experience! ��”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

What a wonderful Birthday experience. We had early reservations because this place books easy at evening time so make sure you make your reservations on time. We were greater by Kalani the hostess which she was very sweet and sat us down, our server was Katie, talk about someone who loves her job and helps you if needed on your selections. She was very attentive and personable. As you sit down, Katie took our drink orders, she brought a wonderful grilled banana, salsa and a basket full of little bread balls that were amazing. At that point we headed to the starter salad bar, which consisted of every vegetable available to them, along with rice, beans, chicken stroganoff, potatoes, shrimp, lox with all the fixings an array of peppers, you name it. It all looked so delicious and all was soo fresh. Alex was our Churrascaria server and described each meat he brought to our table. My daughter was enjoying the whole experience as she was getting asked first, being her the birthday girl. She was soo happy and I could not believe that girl could eat so much beef. For her birthday they brought her a piece of caramel flan with a little candle and by then, we were so full. Just so you know, if you come here, you need to come hungry and with a nice pair of loose pants. Also, you may want to the the Passion fruit juice, yummy good. My dough ter said she had the BEST birthday ever... Try it, you will love it.

Visited August 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
“Try the top side! ”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Huge selection of meat brought to the table, so don't get side tracked with the even bigger salad buffet! Both of good quality. The beef top side was especially good. Plenty of booze in the cocktails!

Saint Louis, Missouri
“great beef”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I took my husband here for his birthday in July. I was very excited because he loves meat, especially lamb. He's from South Africa and has been craving a meat-fest so this seemed the perfect spot.

We checked the dress code online before going and changed from our nice jeans to dress attire. It was apparent online that the dress code was enforced. How mad was I that I had changed when I walked in, passed the DRESS CODE ENFORCED sign, to see people who looked like they just left Disneyland and stopped for dinner on the way home. Please don't put that sign up if you are not going to enforce it. I hate a scare tactic. I would have come more comfortably dressed and still would have been dressed nicely.

We walked in and the hostess was a bit on the cold side. It was a bitter taste already and we had not even eaten yet. I didn't realize she was going to pull the chair out for me and I chose the other side of the 2-person table in order to give him a better view. She seemed totally annoyed that she wasted her energy pulling out that chair. Well, maybe she had a bad day so I won't deduct a star for one person's issue since she wasn't our server.

The wait staff was very friendly. We loved our server. She was very attentive. The salad bar and side bar is enormous but ate very little from there in order to save ourselves for the meat.

The gauchos were awesome. Even though my "red side" of my indicator was up, one gaucho kept offering meat he thought I would like based on my previous sections.

All of the beef that I tried was outstanding--flavorful and tender. The chicken that I tried was barely edible to me. I know, why eat chicken when you have beef and limited space in your belly? Well, it had bacon around it so I was tempted. No thanks.

Sadly, my husband did not like the lamb. In South Africa, they eat a ton of lamb so it is a bit hard to find great lamb in the U.S. compared to back home.

Dessert was delicious. I had a passion fruit mousse. They brought him a complimentary flan with a candle for his birthday.

It's a nice experience but personally, I'm opting for all you can eat Korean BBQ over this restaurant.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank DnllJns
Orange County, CA
“Excellent Brazilian”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Brazilian restaurants are fun, with various types of meat brought to the table on skewers. The meats here were uniformly excellent, though we weren't offered either chicken or pork (and we didn't ask if they were available). The salad bar was superior, with far more than one would expect here. Still...there was something missing that a Brazilian restaurant should have, a sense of excitement, loud music, sambas! ... etc. Even so, it's easy to recommend Agora as a wonderful place to have dinner, and a LOT of it.

• Visited July 2014
Irvine, California, USA
“Like Other Brazilian BBQ”
Reviewed 5 June 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I do not consider the cook or meat selection is any different from any other Brazilian BBQ. Of course, this is the most expensive one I have been to.

Visited April 2014