“Never had Persian food before.”
Review of Caspian Restaurant

Caspian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Caspian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #233 of 665 Restaurants in Irvine
Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
49th State
“Never had Persian food before.”
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I was very hesitant about going to the restaurant, however, my friends said the restaurant was terrific. The staff was very friendly and helpful when it came to ordering off their menu. In the meantime, they brought large trays of samplings and explained each and every one. My love was their eggplant and caramelized dip served with their bread. For dinner I ordered a boneless marinated chicken breast kabob with jasmine rice with saffron and grilled tomatoes. This was very good, and I will venture out next time and try either lamb or seafood kabobs. I did not care for the evening entertainment though - a belly dancer dancing around the table collecting money. I don't care to see that again.

• Visited August 2012

Rancho Santa Margarita
“Good buffet”
Reviewed 20 November 2011

I went for buffet last Tuesday. Food was very good. I had to ask few people to know which dishes were vegetarian, but once I knew, it was a good experience. Definitely a good value for money.

Irvine
“Worst Food/High Prices”
Reviewed 12 November 2011

We went to the Caspian Restaurant last night with a party of 6. Ambience was nice. Very large restaurant with a lot of tables for 6 people and above. Service was slow as waiter lounged by the door into the hallway. Now let's get to the food. It was, in a word, awful. We shared two appetisers, Falafel and Eggplant Borani. These were $6.99 each. Eggplant was tasty. Falafel was so dry it was hard to swallow and could have been used successfully as hockey pucks. This is not exaggerating. I ordered Shirin Polo, a "baked chicken breast" dish which comes with basmati rice. I honestly don't think the chicken was baked, I think it was steamed. It was yellow having been marinated in saffron but it was not browned, it was white under the saffron and as dry as a piece of leather. The rice with this dish was so sweet it could have been candy. So you have the chicken and this huge serving of rice which took up the whole plate. The price on this was $16.99. If you wanted to change the rice on this dish to another flavored rice it would cost $2.00 extra. The belly dancers were a sham. They were no more real belly dancers than the man in the moon. In a word, it was terrible. Save your money.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank 541Janice541
Orange County, CA
“Excellent Persian food!”
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Get the chicken breast kabobs. Only Mediterranean place I know where the breast is tastier than the dark meat. Rice is always good and the cucumber/yougurt appetizer compliments the meal. I ask for 1/2 rice 1/2 salad (no extra charge).

Visited January 2011