“Decent atmosphere.”
Review of El Torito Grill

El Torito Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
El Torito Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 672 Restaurants in Irvine
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: El Torito Grill features specialty menu items created by the Company's executive chef, Pepe Lopez, including mesquite broiled fish and steaks, as well as Mexican combination platters. Salads and soups are also available for both lunch and dinner. To compliment the range of specialty items, El Torito Grill offers a wide selection of upscale margaritas, in addition to a complete list of Mexican beers and cocktails.
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Nice atmosphere (had a table next to the fireplace.) Happy hour prices were great. I had nachos that were delich for $5 and they brought us tons of chips and salsa. They also brought out FRESH homemade tortillas with butter! (HEAVEN!!) The strawberry margaritas were not good at all, but it didn't deter me from drinking them. Most of the other people in my group were not happy with their meals. But I think they forgot all about it once they hit the bar! LOL

Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Had dinner in there with a group of my friends from college as they were accommodating enough to take a reservation for 15 on a Friday night.

Our waiter was actually very pleasant and made sure that we had separate checks but the food came out very fast, (which is normally good except when you are trying to visit with people you haven't seen in a long time) and then they rushed to clear everything away.

No one asked if we wanted dessert then out checks were brought out. We paid our bills but did not feel bad for continuing to sit and chat as the restaurant was not very busy for a Friday night ad there were a lot of open tables.

As we sat, not one person came by to see if we at least wanted any more water or if maybe someone wanted to start a new tab and get a drink. Obviously if they had been busy, we would have gotten up and left but being that were having a good time catching up and they didn't need our tables, we didn't feel the need to rush. I have been in other restaurants that would have come back back numerous time to check on us, even after we'd paid but not one person bothered to check.

My boyfriend arrived late so after the rest of the group left, he and I went to the bar where he ordered soma food and we had a drink. The bartender was not a friendly guy, not did he seem to care about what he was doing. In fact, he gave us out drinks, gave us a menu then disappeared. My boyfriend had to stop a waiter who had gone behind the bar to get something, since the bartender was missing, to take his order.

When the bartender finally came back, he did not apologize for making us wait, he just went about his business. He really seemed to have an attitude that made us want to hurry and get out of there.

I will never go back in there, nor would I recommend it to anyone I know!

1  Thank Tulip0506
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Had a nice dinner her during a monday night football game and they had some excellent specials. Was close to our hotel and convenient after a long flight in. I really liked the margaritas and the nachos.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Spent a good dinner with some friends drinking a great margarita...wow..!!
The guacamole prepared from the scratch in front of us was gorgeous. Enchiladas huge and service remarkable... Funny story, I've been confused for a Brazilian guy...I'm Italian!
MUST TRY

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Walked from our hotel at the recommendation of our local sales rep. Bustling place with friendly staff. Bar area had a taco bar setup (Taco Tuesdays) but we opted for an old-school circular booth. Wide variety of choices, but I went with the Chipotle smoked ribs. Not sure of their exact cooking style, but probably more oven roasted than slow smoked. That is not an indictment, just a note. If you like your ribs to be so smoky you can tell the different woods used, these aren't for you. That being said, they were fall off the bone tender with nothing left when I was done except a pile of clean rib bones. Sauce looked like it was added after a quick flip on the char-broiler. Nice sauce, but I would have preferred a lighter basting and some on the side rather than all on the ribs. Roasted corn was good and the table-side fresh guac was very good (I'm not usually a guacamole person at all). Cadillac margaritas were good, but I expect two premium margaritas to have more "effect" on me after a 17 hour day of travelling and meetings. If my travels take me back, I'll be exploring the menu more.