“Solid Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Irvine
“Solid Hotel”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stayed here for the Surf City Marathon. Booking under the group rate was a bit of a hassle but the race weekend services were awesome. Goodie bag when we checked in, shuttle was on time and dropped us off very close to the start. Hotel itself was clean, quiet, and updated. I would stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

WyndhamIrvine, General Manager at Wyndham Irvine-Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Rebecca H,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and that you would stay at our hotel again. We look forward to working with the Surf City Marathon again next year so we hope to see you then, if not sooner.

Justin Gammon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Jackson, Michigan
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The staff made us feel like we were to blame for the smoke filled rooms and the barking dog in the room next to us. We were given keys to rooms that were already occupied. Not a safe place. My husband came late and asked for a room key and they just gave it to him. No notice from me that I had someone coming. Canceled for next week and went someplace else.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Dear Susie S,

I want to apologize for your experience at our hotel. I have shared your feedback with my team and we will take advantage of you review by using it as an opportunity to improve. I hope you will reconsider and try our hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

So same problems as before even with remodeled rooms. Doors are very very loud when closing and huge gap under doors, when I say huge I mean in some 2" most around 1". Remodeled rooms are excellent and very cozy new beds are very comfy. And restaurant is great and good food selection.

Room Tip: Nice and comfy
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Riackywadkins,

Thank you for staying with us again and for taking the time to share your experience. I appreciate you bringing the concern of the doors up to us again. I have walked a number of the floors looking for the large gaps that you’ve mentioned. We have found a couple doors that did require some attention in this area. We will continue to check every room with the intent to eliminate any excessive gaps below the doors. Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

My first stay since the renovation and Wyndham takeover. Rooms were nice and comfortable. Front desk staff not too familiar about the distance their courtesy bus service can travel. Resulted in my being half an hour late for a crucial business appointment. (Getting a cab was ridiculous; over half an hour wait, no fault of the hotel) The $40.00 cab fare was graciously refunded by the "General Manager" along with his apologies. I would return for another stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Stephen K,

Thank you for staying with us and for your review. I was happy to hear that you would return to stay with us again. I do apologize for any confusion of inconvenience you experienced regarding our shuttle. The shuttle is limited to a three-mile distance from the hotel I will make sure my entire team is aware of the shuttle limitations. I hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.