“I spent three nights at the hotel. The first night the...”

Wyndham Irvine-Orange County Airport
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Irvine
GreenLeadersSilver level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Downey, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

Very nice place to stay. I've come to the Wyndham for a getaway with my daughters and also for a getaway with my fiancé. Bed is super comfy and room service is always on time. Grapefruit juice is pretty horrible and watered down.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

WyndhamIrvine, General Manager at Wyndham Irvine-Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Portia M,

Thank you for your very kind review. I was happy to hear that you’ve stayed with us a couple times and that you’ve enjoyed each of your stays. Thank you as well for the feedback on the grapefruit juice. I’ll share this with my restaurant manager and make sure we address this concern.

Irvine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Price was fair, service was friendly and location was okay, however I had one small problem. I'll call this problem "in room dining".
When I arrived to my room I looked around, curious about an odd smell, and to my surprise I found a pizza box in the dresser drawer! Well at first I was very excited, I love pizza! However upon further inspection. I found the box to be empty. Next time, please, either remove the box prior to my stay or leave me some pizza!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

WyndhamIrvine, General Manager at Wyndham Irvine-Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Jose M,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am very sorry to hear about the pizza box in your room. That is an unacceptable oversight on our part and I discussed this with my Executive Housekeeper to ensure we are more thorough when cleaning our rooms. I appreciate your levity in this situation, but please note that we take it seriously and will make sure it does not happen again.

Irvine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stayed here for the Surf City Marathon. Booking under the group rate was a bit of a hassle but the race weekend services were awesome. Goodie bag when we checked in, shuttle was on time and dropped us off very close to the start. Hotel itself was clean, quiet, and updated. I would stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Rebecca H,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and that you would stay at our hotel again. We look forward to working with the Surf City Marathon again next year so we hope to see you then, if not sooner.

Jackson, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

The staff made us feel like we were to blame for the smoke filled rooms and the barking dog in the room next to us. We were given keys to rooms that were already occupied. Not a safe place. My husband came late and asked for a room key and they just gave it to him. No notice from me that I had someone coming. Canceled for next week and went someplace else.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Susie S,

I want to apologize for your experience at our hotel. I have shared your feedback with my team and we will take advantage of you review by using it as an opportunity to improve. I hope you will reconsider and try our hotel again in the future.