“Noisy visit.”

Wyndham Irvine-Orange County Airport
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Irvine
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I stayed 4/4-7. The night of the 5th there was a dog barking around midnight that woke me up. The night of the 6th the couple next door was having a flight - lots of profanity and throwing of items. I called the desk around 7:30 and it took 45 minutes for them to address the situation. They quieted down for a while, but it continued until after midnight. Room service was sloppy. They forgot silverware, napkin, and pot of water for tea. Internet was very slow.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
WyndhamIrvine, General Manager at Wyndham Irvine-Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Louise P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I want to apologize for the noise issues you mentioned. I know how important a good night’s sleep is and I truly regret that we were not able to provide you with the sleep you needed. I apologize as well for the issue with room service. I have shared your review with my team and we will use this as an opportunity to improve our services moving forward.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

We recently held a retreat for three days at this lovely hotel. The people could not have been nicer, the service was excellent. Loved the beds and bedding! The hotel staff made sure all our needs were met. Plus the restaurant has the best clam chowder!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jan A

Dear Jan A,

Thank you so much for the great 5-star review. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the staff, the bed, and the food. We look forward to your next visit and to providing you with another 5-star experience!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 April 2014

This Wyndham property has a great location, close to corporate parks and shopping. Highway access is within 2 minutes. It looks like the property has undergone recent updates and renovations. The business center is up-to-date.

In summary it's a nice product with great value. I think the front desk staff needs to listen more when their guest are speaking to them. You will often catch them repeating the same questions and misdirecting phone calls. However, it probably won't bug you that much- and you'll enjoy their rooms.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank CBinc

Dear CBinc,

Thank you for the great 5-star review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our newly renovated property and I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Do not be fooled by the 3 1/2 star rating this hotel deserves a 1 star, I booked a two night stay (04/04-04/06) I called all week to see if our special requests could be accommodated, I was turned down on all of my requests because we booked through Priceline, (who would be stupid enough to pay full price for this hotel?) They gave me the run around on the phone all week saying multiple things yet when we checked in on Friday evening, a lovely rude male employee informed us that all 3 of us would be in a 1 king sized bed room! Are you serious? I specifically told them I needed 2 double beds for the 3 of us, I also told them I needed a refrigerator for medical necessity and it took 4 hours to get, all they could say was, you'll be getting a rollaway bed shortly, this is no roll away bed this is a PRISON COT! It was so uncomfortable I can't believe they pawn this off to people. This room is way too small for 3 people, it is meant for only 1 person, we were stuffed inside this room and the air quality SUCKS! The room was so hot and disgusting , the air conditioning sucked it took forever to kick in, the ventilation in these rooms are horrible, I felt like we were being suffocated, this hotel touts itself on renovating but in reality they only touched up on the bathrooms, yet they failed to put a fan system inside the bathrooms so taking a shower and trying to get ready inside the bathroom is hell, you start sweating all over again, our shower was clogged for no reason which was disgusting, They also decided to put the bathroom door extremely close to the front door so you can't open it completely and have to keep it closed because of fire laws. Their housekeeping lacks, we found Apple Jack's cereal on the floor when we first checked in, it took 4 hours for the refrigerator that should have been there already even before we checked in, it also took 3 hours for 3 sets of towels. Towels that were extremely cheap and felt like a cat was scratching you each time you touched them. When I tried to speak to a manager, a different male employee tried to divert the situation. Too late, this hotel has no customer service and we felt like we were walking into a morgue instead of a hotel, NOBODY greeted us when we first arrived, they treated us like dirt, I highly suggest they stop doing business with 3rd party travel sites if they have such distain for their customers. I don't care if this room was free I will never come back , the GM should take some pointers from Hotel Irvine and how they treat their customers.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel if you book through a 3rd party traveling site, they do not want your busi...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Rachel T,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to provide us with a review of your experience. I am very sorry to hear that your stay went so poorly. We truly value feedback like yours as it allows us the opportunity to learn and improve. I have shared your review with my entire team and we will be sure to take advantage of your experience by finding better ways to handle the concerns you’ve shared. Again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 April 2014

The room was great. It was comfortable and the price was good. Check in was easy. The swimming pool, sauna, and exercise room were good, with few people using the facilities. The location... not far from John Wayne Airport. Parking was included in the price of the hotel. Fairly close to shopping and eating places, but need to drive.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
WyndhamIrvine, General Manager at Wyndham Irvine-Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Graham G,

Thank you for the great 5-star review! We greatly appreciate the detailed feedback and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I’ll be sure to share your review with my entire team. We look forward to your next visit.