“Wedding” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wyndham Irvine-Orange County Airport

Wyndham Irvine-Orange County Airport
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Irvine
GreenLeadersSilver level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

I would have thought a hotel like the Wyndham would have been better. The rooms are small, they only have double beds, the pillows were either too soft or very lumpy from washing. They obviously spend lots of money making the hotel look nice, but don't spend it on making sure you get a good nights rest. Then to make matters worse, you are already paying to stay in one of their rooms, but you have to pay to park your car there too. They don't make enough on the room but have to charge for parking? Guests staying at the hotel should not have to pay for parking. There was nothing special about this hotel at all. I have had better experiences at cheaper hotels.
This is not a hotel I will return to.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

WyndhamIrvine, General Manager at Wyndham Irvine-Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Randall V,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I’m sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your stay with us. We’ve received such high praise on the new bedding, but I do understand that each individual has different expectations when it comes to comfort. Again, I am sorry to hear that you were found the beds to be uncomfortable. I hope you’ll reconsider using the hotel again in the future. If you do, please reach out to me and I’ll assist you with securing a room with a king bed.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed here overnight for a medical presentation. This was my first time at a Wyndham property (I'm a HHonors man.) I couldn't get a room at the Hilton, so I booked here.

I was thoroughly impressed by the decor and welcoming elegance of the lobby. Sofiane at the Front Desk was very courteous and helpful with getting me checked in. He also provided me with an upgrade to their Executive Floor, which provided complimentary hors d'oeuvres, cocktails, and soft drinks.

I was considering going off-property to have dinner. However, after a tiring flight, I decided to try the restaurant inside the hotel. The Paradise Restaurant was great! Ricardo was a friendly server. I ordered chicken strips and a salad. The food tasted really good and the price was about the same as what I would have expected to pay if I had gone off site.

The room was quiet and cozy. I got a room on the 14th floor that was away from the elevators. Since this location is near the airport and office buildings, there was not much noise after 6pm, which made the area very quiet and easy to get a good's night's sleep.

Room Tip: The upgrade to the Executive Floor is nice, as being up higher means less noise to contend with. I a...
Dear Tygar,

Thank you for the great 5-star review! I am thrilled to hear you were willing to give us a try and that enjoyed your stay. I hope you took the opportunity to enroll in our loyalty program, Wyndham Rewards. This is a great program that allows you to start redeeming for rewards even after just one stay. When set side-by-side with other programs, you will see the real value of the Wyndham Rewards program. Thank you for your kind comments about Sofiane, the restaurant, and the guest rooms. I will be sure to share your feedback with my team. We look forward to your next visit!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Everything was wonderful! Loved the needs and sheets. Service was great! I will definitely stay again.

Dear Monti C,

Thank you for the great 5-star review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and even happier to hear you plan to return. We look forward to your next visit!

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

We enjoy this hotel very much, is very well located and closed by restaurants. There is a daily fee for parking, internet access is free and they also give you two bottle of waters. we will go back soon.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mecxicana
WyndhamIrvine, General Manager at Wyndham Irvine-Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Mecxicana,

Thank you for staying with us and for the very kind review. I was happy to read about your visit to our hotel. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed the stay, the staff, and the newly renovated accommodations. We look forward to your next visit and to the opportunity to provide you with another great stay.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Unfortunaly my experience at this hotel was not as pleasant as I expected in the room next to mine it was a dog who barked through the night an noisy people in the other side. The personnel was really nice and customer oriented

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

WyndhamIrvine, General Manager at Wyndham Irvine-Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Leticia E,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I want to apologize for the issue you experienced with the noise. We understand how difficult it is to sleep in a noisy environment and regret that we were not able to provide you with the stay you deserved. I hope you will consider staying with us again in the future so we can provide you with a better experience with our hotel.

Justin Gammon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irvine
Hilton Garden Inn Irvine / Orange County Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Irvine - Orange County Airport
Hotel Irvine
Hotel Irvine
#2 of 21 in Irvine
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Irvine - Spectrum
Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport
Ayres Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa - Newport Beach

Been to Wyndham Irvine-Orange County Airport? Share your experiences!