“Great comfortable stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 24 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Thank M. R
WyndhamIrvine, General Manager at Wyndham Irvine-Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Write a ReviewReviews (1,001)

Reviewed 21 August 2014

This is an AWESOME property! I have stayed there a couple of times now, and every time we've been there it has been great. The staff is extremely helpful, and accommodating. The rooms are exquisitely decorated, and very clean. Plus, the location is just perfect for Orange County. Seriously, it's by far our favorite place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Kami A,

Thank you for the great 5-star review! Your very kind comments about the hotel, the staff, and the location are much appreciated! I hope your travels bring you back your way soon. We look forward to providing you with another great experience.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Where to begin: Checking in, told phones don't work. Breakfast next morning, asked for tea, got coffee, waiter was mad. Brought wrong kind of tea. Had to get breakfast to go, waited so long. Breakfast in room, sugar/substitute container had mayonaise in the bottom: Those containers it at room temp so would have made people sick. Could not adjust cooling in room so room was alway 76 degrees.Did not have a car, had parking on the bill @ $18.00 a day, anyway!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank 562lyn N

Dear 562lyn N,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am very sorry to hear about the issues you experienced. I apologize for any inconvenience the inoperable phones may have caused you. Unfortunately, the hotel did experience a mechanical failure in our phone system that required a couple days to correct. Though we did everything we could to fix this issue as quickly as possible, we do understand that it may have caused some level of frustration for our guests and we are very sorry for that. I would also like to apologize for the issues you experienced with your breakfast. I have shared your feedback with my restaurant manager and we will use your review as an opportunity to improve. Regarding the parking fees, please reach out to me directly so I can assist you with getting this corrected. Only guests with cars should be charged this fee.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

After spending 6 nights at this Wyndham, our conclusion is it tops the list of places to stay in the Irvine-Orange County area. The value, location, property and staff are all top notch. Easy access to John Wayne Airport, the beaches, or inland attractions. Well touched rooms, with a good restaurant and bar on site. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay--the staff was helpful from checkin to room clean up to the breakfasts that Ross serves if you can stay on the 14th floor. The opportunity to spend our entire SoCal time in one spot and at this hotel really increased the enjoyment of the whole trip. Thanks!

Room Tip: Aim for the top floor--the added breakfasts and happy hours during the week are well worth it!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Kellye W,

Thank you for the great 5-star review! Your business and your feedback are much appreciated. I am happy to hear that our central Orange County location worked so well for you. With so much of the OC’s great attractions just minutes away from our hotel, we believe we are the perfect location for any travelers coming to the area. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with Ross. He is a great employee that provides an exceptional experience to all of the guests that take advantage of our Executive Lounge. I will be sure to share your kind comments with him. I hope your travels bring you back our way soon and that you allow us the opportunity to provide you with another 5-star experience!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Margarito G

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I was booked for two nights here. the first night, the motion-sensor lights in my room kept turning on the lights every few hours. I had to get out of bed & walk to the front dour of the room repeatedly during the night to turn them off.
The second night just after I'd fallen asleep I heard a loud vacuuming sound in the hall & then the fire alarm went off. When I went out into the hall it was filled with smoke & a strong chemical smell (like cleaning solvent). As I made my way to the stairs I was told that it was a false alarm & I could return to my room. However the fire alarm stayed on for quite awhile & the chemical smell persisted all night.
While this is a nice hotel & the staff are friendly & the beds are comfortable, I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Jana R

Dear Jana R,

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear about the issues you experienced with the light and the fire alarm. I can certainly understand your frustration. I have shared your feedback with my Chief Engineer and he has one of his team members working through all of our rooms to make sure the entry lights are functioning properly. The hotel just recently installed all new lighting in the guest rooms and it sounds like there may have been a product or wiring issue in the room you were in. We will do our best to locate this issue and correct it right away. I regret that you were disturbed by the false alarm. Unfortunately, we are unable to turn off an alarm until the fire department has determined there is no cause for concern, even if we’ve determined it was a false alarm. Fortunately, this is a rare occurrence. I hope you will reconsider your decision to not stay with us again. We would love the opportunity to provide you with a stay that is more in line with the service so many of our guest have come to enjoy.