Wyndham Irvine-Orange County Airport
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Irvine
GreenLeadersSilver level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

If you need to be in this area near SNA, this hotel is very nice. Was treated great by shuttle drivers, front desk, room was great.

The shuttle took me to the district, where I enjoyed Blues and BBQ at Lucille's.

Good bedding, bathroom amenities, free wi-fi.

Checkout was easy, very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: My view was on 11 floor looking north. There may be a better exposure.
Green Features: There were notices about being green in the room. Plenty of towels were provided.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
WyndhamIrvine, General Manager at Wyndham Irvine-Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 16 September 2014
Dear Joshbash,

Thank you for the great 5-star review! Your kind comments about the shuttles, staff, and the rooms are much appreciated. I am happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle to the District in order to enjoy some of the great shops and restaurants they have to offer. I hope your travels bring you back our way soon and that we have the opportunity to provide you with another great stay!

Asbury Park, New Jersey, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014

I am currently still here, only reason I haven't left hotel is because none are left as it is labor day weekend. Upon arrival, I was notified that I have to pay $18 a night for me to park my car, maybe ima newb, but I have never heard of paying to park my car that I was a guest at. Not to mention, I had some colleagues visit, and they had to pay as well... When bringing up my outrage I was told I was being argumentative and to not compare my previous stays at other hotels as, direct quote " dont compare us to them "... Ok, well If I am not to compare you to them, and this is supposedly a classier hotel, why was there a half drank dr pepper bottle in my room? Wasn't mine... it was there from a previous guest. There is also a stain on the headboard, and tons of dust behind the air filter. Today's wake up was a deafening alarm going off which turned out to be a false alarm. THe parking spots suck unless you have a prius or smaller. There is no refrigerator in room, as well as the desk is so far out that someone cant pass by you if you are at your laptop because the back is pushed against the bed.... I will never stay here again, one issue after another...oh, and the internet is so slow, you are better off sending something via carrier pigeons.

Room Tip: make sure you rent a smaller car or none at all as the spots are tiny
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank John D
WyndhamIrvine, General Manager at Wyndham Irvine-Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear John D,

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry for your experience with our hotel. After reading your email, I can certainly understand your frustration with our hotel. Though the parking charges at our hotel are common in the Irvine area and actually at the lower end of what some of the hotels charge, guests that are not used to paying for this service can be taken back by it. In an effort to ensure this is not a surprise, the charge is noted on our website. Regarding the cleanliness of your room, any trash or dusk in the room is unacceptable and I appreciate your comments calling our attention to these issues. I have shared your feedback with by housekeeping department and we are increasing our attention to detail during our daily room inspections. I would also like to apologize for the false fire alarm. The unfortunate reality is that this is something that is not really in our control. With everyone having access to our fire alarm pull stations, we run the risk of alarms being activated. Once activated, the alarms cannot be disabled until the fire department has given us an all clear. Again, I apologize for any inconvenienced this caused you. Lastly, I have shared your feedback regarding the wi-fi with my engineering department. The hotel recently conducted a significant upgrade in our internet network and we will be troubleshooting the entire system to determine why you experienced a slow connection. This certainly should not have been the case. Thank you once again for your feedback. Reviews like yours allow us to address important issues and improve our service so we greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I hope you will reconsider staying with us again and allow us the opportunity to provide you with a much better experience on your next visit.

Pune, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

Its a nice place for a comfortable stay. 14th floor needs access card and has a small breakfast lounge. Rooms are adequate but lack microwave and refrigerator. Has shuttle service to take you to nearby places within a three mile radius. Lot of restaurant options for you to visit and enjoy different cuisines. Inhouse restaurant is spacious with adequate options.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
WyndhamIrvine, General Manager at Wyndham Irvine-Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear Agabhyankar,

Thank you for the very kind review! We greatly appreciate all your great comments about the hotel. I am happy to read that you were able to take advantage of the amenities the hotel has to offer as well as the number of amenities in the area. We look forward to your next visit and to providing you with another comfortable stay!