“Nice size bed and cozy room”

Residence Inn Irvine Spectrum
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Irvine
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Nice location and convenient. The room is just the right size. There was free dinner and breakfast. Good place to stay with kids.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank veronicaindonesia
IrvineSpectrum, General Manager at Residence Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2012

Thank you very much for your response. We are glad you had a enjoyable stay with us and look forward to your return.
Have a great day
Sincerely
Anita Ashe-Michini

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Irvine Spectrum

Reviewed 23 May 2012

1 bedroom floor unit was clean, adequately equipped, and nicely appointed. Room rate of $130 per night was competitive. Front office staff was average, not overly friendly but not rude. Breakfast was above average, with eggs, ham/sausage, waffles, and good coffee. Excellent location for Irvine professional area, easy access to a number of businesses and restaurants. Bed is not comfortable at all, with a noticeable tilt to one side. I don't think the shampoo bottles can get any smaller, but the bath soap was quite pleasant, with a hint of lemon smell. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2012

This was a good clean hotel... I'll summarized the pros and cons the best I can based on a 3 night stay.
Pros:
- Full fridge and kitchen, housekeeping even did my dishes for me
- Tennis court, pool, hot tub
- Beer and wine with dinner
- Friendly staff all around
Cons:
- If you stay on the second floor, there are no elevators, so you must lug your luggage up the stairs
- Dinner is only Monday-Wednesday, unlike other Residence Inns I've stayed at
- Hard to get parking spaces near your building
Overall, good hotel, I would return.

Room Tip: Get a first floor room if you don't like stairs
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My husband and I were looking for the perfect hotel to explore the Orange County while having the comfort of a cosy hotel, so we decided to go the Residence Inn. The manager was very nice and we felt most welcome in the place, so our stay started on good bases. We called the front desk asking for an extra chair when we arrived in the room, because surprisingly they just give you one chair for the kitchen table, even when you registered for two... Anyway, the room was cosy and modern, which we definitely liked.
Then the troubles began. We asked on another traveler's advice for a second floor room, but has a 1st floor room. Big mistake.... The people above us were probably insomniac, and had probably to relieve their anxiety by walking heavily the whole night long back and forth in their room. Needless to say that we were looking to recharge our batteries, and on that matter, this goal was not reached.
On the positive side, the pool and spa area was nice, breakfast was ok, yet not the best one we've seen in this range of price.
When we explained to the manager what happened, she didn't understand why we didn't call the front desk to have it call the client above, yet I wouldn't say that was the above customer fault, but rather the lack of isolation in the building. She apologized and offered us some Marriott points, but we don't have the card, so it just stopped there.
As a conclusion, I would say that I am expecting from an hotel at that range of price to be irreproachable on almost everything. Not perfect, not luxurious, just above a regular hotel. And that was not the case, and it shaded our week-end. Too bad.
NB : Although the manager had left some work order for it, we never got our second chair...

Room Tip: 2nd floor only, if you are two in the room, plan ahead and ask to have a second chair at your arriva...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maud_S_P
Reviewed 27 March 2012

My family, including our animals, had to relocate to this Inn due to a pipe busting in our home. We stayed there for almost a week. During the week they offered a happy hour where a simple dinner or snack was served from 5-7pm in the main hall. Every morning they offered a great breakfast. The people were very nice and understanding about long term guests and their issues.

The room itself was very nice. It was a two bedroom two bath suite with a full kitchen and living room with a fireplace. The set up was really nice..great for our teenage son to still feel like he had his own space in his own room. It was very cozy and I was extremely happy.

The only thing is this Inn is located in an industrial area so you had to travel to get to a store or place to eat. They did offer stuff for sale in the registration area but typical of these items they were overly expensive.

I would recommend this to anyone who needs to stay someplace over a week. Stock on groceries and cook your meals...save money. The housekeeping is another perk!

Room Tip: We had a room on the backside that was right across from the laundry room, registration, and exercis...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mrsguevara
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Spent 3 nights here in early March 2012. Lovely grounds and nice pool. The room was smaller and not as well configured as other RIs that we have stayed at, but the front desk staff was great. It was almost impossible for someone to sit at the desk and someone else to be at the kitchen sink. The hotel is removing tumbler-style glasses and putting in only stemmed glasses, which I don't like because stemware is less stable and I want a glass of water at my bedside overnight. It was convenient to the people we were visiting, but not to restaurants (in commercial park), but there was delivery to the hotel from several restaurants, including California Pizza Kitchen. No broiler pan to use to heat the pizza in the oven. The closet setup was difficult--two closets right across from each other and hard to have both doors open at the same time for unpacking/packing purposes. This is at least the 4th different RI that we have stayed at and each has differently-configured rooms. This was our least favorite, room-wise.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 January 2012

The way the desk was set up was different than I've ever experienced at a Residence Inn, or any hotel, for that matter. The desk doubled as the dining room table. The chair was placed in the kitchen. When I rolled my chair back so I could stand up, I rolled into the kitchen sink/cabinets. To pull up to the table/desk, I had to lift the chair up to get it over the metal strip that separated the tile and carpet. If the chair was changed to the other side of the table, then the walkway from the entry door and the rest of the living space would be blocked.

It was very hard to get online. I stay in 150 hotel rooms a night; I can't remember the last time I experienced this much trouble. I finally closed the computer and opened the wine.

Avoid the rooms on the outer edges by the parking lot. The sliding glass door couldn't be opened because it opened 5 feet from the sidewalk that was used by many others to get to their rooms.

The check in staff was excellent. I was very surprised, though, when my bill wasn't delivered to my room (like Marriott usually does). So that meant I had to stop by the lobby on the way out and spend extra time.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms on the outer edges by the parking lot. The sliding glass door couldn't be opene...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business