“Pretty good overall, although I was in pricier 'suite'” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Irvine Spectrum

Residence Inn Irvine Spectrum
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Irvine
Manchester
“Pretty good overall, although I was in pricier 'suite'”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

Overall, this hotel was pretty good.

Ideally located for technology park in Irvine, the hotel was pretty good.

Check in staff were very helpful, advising me that I had the chance to make the evening buffet (as part of my room rate). Buffet was OK, but probably not going to satisfy anyone with an appetite.

Suite was very good indeed - loads of room and well furnished (including a full kitchen area, and a very useful desk / work area).

Room Tip: I stayed on first floor, behind reception, which is further away from main road.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Laguna Hills, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

Wow -- I am still amazed by my experience with this wonderful hotel. I have been staying at another Residence Inn for several months, so thought I would stay here while in OC for a few days. I called to make my reservation and LeAnn at the front desk took care of it all for me and even got it all paid for with my points. When I arrived, still getting over pneumonia, she not only made sure to show me a room close to the lobby, but also took the time to make a care package for me -- complete with vitamin-C, a Gatorade and chicken noodle soup -- AND a personalized card!! I could not believe how loved and cared for she made me feel in just a few minutes. Wow. Old-fashioned hospitality IS alive and well! Not only that but the property is just cute as it can be. The units are older, but they are nicely furnished and were very spacious and homey. She also thought to give us a room with a fireplace because it was a chilly night. I recommend this place wholeheartedly, because their staff, especially LeAnn, really goes give with all her heart.

Room Tip: It looked like all the ground floor rooms have little fenced yards for the dogs. Really sweet and a...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
West London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Hotel is one of the older RIs with all entrances to rooms facing outwards. All rooms are on the ground or first floor (1st or 2nd to those in the US!) and there are no lifts so if you have heavy luggage choose wisely. I was there for work so didn't spend much time in the room but it was adequate. The only window in my room directly faced another room so the curtain was shut mostly. The kitchen was fairly well equipped as most RIs are. The hotel is about a 5min drive from the Irvine Spectrum mall with a good selection of shops/restaurants (incl. Cheesecake factory). Aside from Spectrum there is limited choice nearby for dining - McDonalds, KFC, El Pollo Loco. Would not return here if travelling with family but is well located if working in the nearby area.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank FraserD1969
Laguna Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

What a pleasant surprise to find this cute little place off the main road. Upon check in, we were
greeted by a cute friendly red head... "Morgan". Very kind and accomodating. She went out of her way to make sure we got the room we had requested. My mom is handicap and Morgan called our room to make sure my mom got to the room with no problems. What great service!!!!!!
When we got to our room, we were so pleasantly surprised to find such a beautiful room with living room, kitchen, bedroom & bathroom downstairs and a nice loft upstairs with a bed & bathroom. The beds were so comfortable as the whole room was. The breakfast area was very nice as well with lots of great choices for breakfast! Again, we were greeted by the cute red head "Morgan" and her friendly smile and her kindness!!!!! Again, she went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed! Being in the customer service field, this hotel is very lucky to have such a wonderful employee representing their hotel.

Room Tip: We styed in a corner suite. It was very quiet & large.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LeAnn D, Manager at Residence Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you for staying with us and we are glad you enjoyed your time. We strive to welcome everyone and make them feel at home. We appreciate your time and your kind review. Hope to see you soon.
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

The Residence Inns that we have stayed at over the years have been very consistent in their quality and service. That is one of the main reasons that when we get a chance to stay at them, we do. We know what we are getting. We will continue to visit and stay with them whether it's at this particular address or their many other locations as well. Thanks for being there for us whether it be for vacation or work related!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IrvineSpectrum, General Manager at Residence Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you for choosing Residence Inn by Marriott as your lodging partner! We'll do everything possible to keep you coming back!
san diego
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

The mail area that smokers sit and where an ashtray is located is about 15 feet from the spa and pool. It really made the experience unpleasant during our stay. Otherwise the room was nice enough and the staff at the front desk were great.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank cavalierfan1
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. Guest feedback, such as your experience with second-hand smoke, offer us the opportunity to make improvements. We've since reviewed the location of the designated smoking area as it relates to our pool and spa. I invite you to visit us again, and to enjoy ouroutdoor experience as you expect and deserve.
La Grange, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

We have stayed 3 times at the Res Inn Spectrum for work weeks. I have truly enjoyed each stay. In Nov. and Dec., we used the fireplace located in the room. It was quite homey as we have a fireplace at home as well.
We stayed the last 2 weeks there and are now in Oregon at a Hilton. I much more enjoyed the stay in Irvine. Not only was the weather better, but the bed was more comfortable and the room was bigger. We were able to cook our own meals which is a treat when you travel as much as we do.
We also travel with the Princess, a 15 year old, 8 pound Chihuahua. I like the outside door to the room. It simplifies getting her outside and sometimes, I would just leave the door open and let her go out and sit in the grass.
The only "complaint" I would have would be about the pool. By the time we came back from work, the sun was all but gone from the pool area. Not much can be done about that. I just need to see about leaving work earlier. hahaha!!
The breakfast selection is good and the evening socials are usually pretty tasty as well. There is LAbite.com if you wish to order in and if you have a car, there are plenty of choices to go out also.
If we need anything, we only have to ask. From an extra outdoor chair to dish soap, the staff is truly accomodating.
The only problem we have had in anyof our stays was a neighbor who was having it out with the kids or her significant other. We had gone outside to smoke since there was a distraction of the noise above that was interrupting our program we were watching. We were almost done when she came out. She stood outside for about 2 minutes, A couple of the kids came out and she screamed at them to get back in. Then we she walked to the door again, she leaned over the rail and started yelling at us about our smoke. She tried to claim it was coming into her room after we said we were almost done and going in. She just kept talking louidly as she went in her room and shut the door. A few minutes later, the phone rang. No Suprise! The female that was on duty that night explained that she had a complaint about our smoking. I told her that there has been nothing said in the last 9 days we had been there and that I didn't think it was the smoke as much as it was the the complaintant was not having a good. day and that we would continue to smoke as we had been. She then informed me that there was a fine for smoking in the room. REALLY???? Now why was that necessary? The neighbor was complaining about us smoking outside of our room. Why even bother to mention a fine? If we were smoking in the room, she wouldn't have had a call!!! Anyhow, I handed the phone to my partner at that point because I was by then in the mood to be a smart alec. I don't know what else was said, but I know he told her that we needed to move rooms if the problem continued because we had dealt with people/kids running across the floor until 11 PM or later everynight. I guess she agreed so he then told her that we would also require people to help move our stuff since it was almost bedtime anyway. He then told her nevermind the move, we only had 3 nights left and we didn't want to refamiliarize ourselves with a new room. So we then listened to the kids (and I think some of the adults stomping on the floor) running until almost 1 AM...nice...
THIS WAS AN ISOLATED INCIDENT. THE PROBLEM WAS MORE THE WAY IT WAS HANDLED BY THE ASSOCIATE.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are easier for those with lots of luggage, However, you can hear the people above...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments. Please accept my apologies for the manner in which our associate responded to the complaint of your neighbor. I truly appreciate hearing about your experience, as it allows me the opportunity to know how we're doing and gives us great information with which to help our associates improve the service we provide.
I look forward to your next visit!