“Very helpful front desk staff, spacious rooms”

Residence Inn Irvine Spectrum
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Irvine
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
“Very helpful front desk staff, spacious rooms”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stayed here recently while a family member was hospitalized in Irvine. We weren't sure how long we would need to stay and kept changing our departure date. Morgan was very helpful and accommodating in making changes to our booking and she even helped us to use points for a couple of nights, while paying for some nights. We really appreciated her understanding and great customer service during a difficult time for the family. We found the rooms to be very comfortable and spacious. We especially liked having the kitchen and the large desk area. We find the hotel to be a good value (especially the lower weekend rate) for the size of the rooms and the way they are equipped. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
LeAnn D, Manager at Residence Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for your kind words. At the Residence Inn we strive to make all stays comfortable and worry free. I am glad we were able to be helpful during your time in need and hopefully you can stay for a fun family visit or vacation next time.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel for two nights in November 2013 from 9th to 10th. My friend and I booked the hotel just about 15 minutes before we checked in. We booked a suite with two rooms over the phone. When we arrived, the front desk lady told us that they just gave the last suite to someone else. She upgradeed us to two standard rooms at the same rate for one suite. That is, we got two standard rooms with the price of one suite. That was a good deal! She gave us the same rate for the next day so we didn't have to move our luggages to another room. That was nice!

The room was just great! The bed and pillows were so comfortable. I didn't feel like to get up in the morning. Nothing to complain about the room. However, the breakfast wasn't that entertaining. We didn't get much to eat 'cos we were comparatively late. Breakfast is free anyways!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Connie0858
Jay C, Property Coordinator at Residence Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Irvine Spectrum. We are always delighted to hear our guests having a pleasant stay with us! Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope to welcome you again soon!
Irvine
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Receptionist was on the call for more than 10-15 mins and then bothered to check in us in the evening around 8 pm.
Usually the residence inns are a good place to stay with family. This one was just average for the rate paid per night. I will stay at a different Marriott next time!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Jay C, Property Coordinator at Residence Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your recent stay with us. I am sad to hear that we did not deliver the Marriott standard that you expected. Guest feedback, such as yours, are valuable to our team as we continually strive on improving our guest experience.
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here for many years, the service is great & friendly. It is located in a quiet industrial area that's close to the freeways & shopping. And there are not many places that are pet friendly anymore with plenty of surrounding areas to walk your dogs. We love it!

Stayed December 2013
Manchester
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Overall, this hotel was pretty good.

Ideally located for technology park in Irvine, the hotel was pretty good.

Check in staff were very helpful, advising me that I had the chance to make the evening buffet (as part of my room rate). Buffet was OK, but probably not going to satisfy anyone with an appetite.

Suite was very good indeed - loads of room and well furnished (including a full kitchen area, and a very useful desk / work area).

Room Tip: I stayed on first floor, behind reception, which is further away from main road.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Laguna Hills, California
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Wow -- I am still amazed by my experience with this wonderful hotel. I have been staying at another Residence Inn for several months, so thought I would stay here while in OC for a few days. I called to make my reservation and LeAnn at the front desk took care of it all for me and even got it all paid for with my points. When I arrived, still getting over pneumonia, she not only made sure to show me a room close to the lobby, but also took the time to make a care package for me -- complete with vitamin-C, a Gatorade and chicken noodle soup -- AND a personalized card!! I could not believe how loved and cared for she made me feel in just a few minutes. Wow. Old-fashioned hospitality IS alive and well! Not only that but the property is just cute as it can be. The units are older, but they are nicely furnished and were very spacious and homey. She also thought to give us a room with a fireplace because it was a chilly night. I recommend this place wholeheartedly, because their staff, especially LeAnn, really goes give with all her heart.

Room Tip: It looked like all the ground floor rooms have little fenced yards for the dogs. Really sweet and a...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
West London
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Hotel is one of the older RIs with all entrances to rooms facing outwards. All rooms are on the ground or first floor (1st or 2nd to those in the US!) and there are no lifts so if you have heavy luggage choose wisely. I was there for work so didn't spend much time in the room but it was adequate. The only window in my room directly faced another room so the curtain was shut mostly. The kitchen was fairly well equipped as most RIs are. The hotel is about a 5min drive from the Irvine Spectrum mall with a good selection of shops/restaurants (incl. Cheesecake factory). Aside from Spectrum there is limited choice nearby for dining - McDonalds, KFC, El Pollo Loco. Would not return here if travelling with family but is well located if working in the nearby area.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business