La Quinta Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum
US$175
Courtyard
US$192
US$175
Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport(Irvine)(Great Value!)
US$200
Irvine Marriott(Irvine)(Great Value!)
US$219
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgrain silomain buildinggreat parksand canyongas stationirvine spectrumcontinental breakfastclean roomsconvenient locationking bedorange countybeansilosfreewaygranaryhexagonalstructure
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I have had several occasions to stay at the La Quinta at Irvine Spectrum and I have really mixed emotions about it. I have returned which says a lot but I usually return because of the convenient location and the good price. Still, if I had a better option I would take it. This hotel is definitely not a bad place to stay but it certainly has some issues.

On the good side, the service is excellent. In my multiple visits to this hotel, I have never been disappointed by the people or their friendliness. The hotel staff are all top notch. I also find that the breakfast is really decent considering the typical thing you get for free in these kinds of places. Last, the fitness center is clean and well maintained. It's nice to be able to work out when on the road.

While rooms in the silo are very nice, the rooms located next to a train tracks are not for the average sleeper. A train passes every 30 minutes and blows its horn. I am a pretty heavy sleeper and have earplugs when the noise is really loud. Still, you can even feel the train passing at times. The rooms that are not in the "silo" are your traditional motel quality and often smell strange. Twice I have had to move rooms because they have such a poor odor.

I have no issue recommending this hotel for people looking for an affordable stay and are heavy sleepers. Just ask for a room in the "silo" and you will find this to be a quality hotel with an excellent staff, a filling breakfast and other nice amenities.

Room Tip: If you can reserve in the "silo" and ask for the rooms that are NOT on the track side.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 January 2013

I love coming to this location. I go here for kia training. Everyone here is so nice. David is the nicest guy and VERY professional. He even gave me his own water just because I was thirsty. Don't worry it was a new unopened bottle. You barley even hear the trains and they don't even come by at night so you will rest easy. Definitely love this location

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Freight trains are going by every 30 minutes 25 yards from my window. Other than that, clean hotel and free wifi. Who builds a hotel so close to a rail line? I feel like Joe Pesci in My Vousin Vinny.

Trip advisor wants me to type 200 words so I will continue to blather about this forgettable hotel. The parking lot here is also very dark. The outside of the hotel is going through some sort of rehab, or preferably demolition.

• Stayed: January 2013