“Great Value”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Irvine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 February 2014

The lobby and front desk were average and seemed clean but the red flag arose when the desk clerk pointed out the fact that no matter where my room was I would hear the train.

Upon getting to the "silo" building I was greeted by a sketchy elevator. When I got to my second floor room I was alarmed to see that my room was adjacent to the elevator, vending machine and ice machine. The thought of these things keeping me awake was quickly dismissed once I got into my room. My prison chic room.

The walls are poured concrete with all of the electrical conduit exposed. There was one large dust tapestry hanging on one wall in an attempt to soften this cold, industrial room. When I flipped the light switch on then off a spark startled me ( I guess I won't use that light). Then it happened... The train.

When that train went by it rattled the room and it sounded like it might come barreling through the room. I went to the window, pulled the curtains open and there it was. The last car past just as I looked out. The track is literally 20 feet from the window (and that may be a generous number).

Trains continued all through the remainder of my 2 1/2 day stay. Day and night.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Steve S
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 February 2014

The outside of the building is a little odd until you learn that the larger of the two buildings is an historic grain silo. It was interesting to learn about the history, and the room was great. It was roomy, clean, easy to access, quiet, and the king bed was very comfortable. Wireless internet was great. The continental breakfast was decent, with 3 cereals, waffles/pancakes, toast, bagels, yogurt, fruit, juice, and hard boiled eggs. It was very nice to have it in a room separate from the reception area. The breakfast attendant, Oscar, was exceptional in his service and riendliness. The hotel had a nice exercise room, outdoor heated pool, and hot tub. It was within a few steps of two restaurants for other meals and parking was commodious. Though the hotel is located about a block from I-5, you do not hear traffic, and it is so easy to access any other suburb of LA or the city itself. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I stayed here on two separate occasions during the month of January. Both were business related.

What I love about this place is the great value for a very nice/large sized room. My rooms (during both stays) had two double beds. The room was large enough for me to have 5-6 fully grown adult males to hold business meetings there.

None of the whistles and bells. No nonsense, simply the goods and essentials - free internet, free continental breakfast, tons of plugs (for your phone, computer, pad, etc.), great water pressure, friendly staff, and clean room.

I will definitely return if/when I have lectures at Irvine, CA.

Room Tip: The silo/mill rooms facing the train tracks are supposedly less desirable. I beg to differ. I actual...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Travellers also viewed these Irvine hotels
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Irvine Spectrum
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Irvine - Spectrum
Hotel Irvine
Hotel Irvine
#4 of 22 in Irvine
Wyndham Irvine-Orange County Airport
Candlewood Suites Orange County, Irvine Spectrum
Homewood Suites by Hilton Irvine John Wayne Airport

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about La Quinta Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum

Property: La Quinta Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum
Address: 14972 Sand Canyon Ave, Irvine, CA 92618-2100
Region: United States > California > Orange County > Irvine
Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Irvine
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — La Quinta Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LaQuinta, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
La Quinta Irvine Spectrum Hotel Irvine