“Exceeded expectations”

Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Irvine
Lincoln City, Oregon, USA
“Exceeded expectations”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Room on top floor was large, comfortable and quiet. I stayed in the silo and had no problems with the train - could hear it in the distance but it didn't interfere with hearing the TV, conversation on the phone or with visitors. Air conditioner was quiet and kept room comfortable. Everything in working order. When I left in AM for short time, came back to find room cleaned (good experience) Wifi strong. Only complaints was had to call housekeeping over items left from previous guest and took a while for them to show up. Didn't use pool or breakfast - seemed popular, and a number of people hanging out at times in parking lot.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Laguna Niguel, United States
Reviewed 3 May 2014

A very positive experience to stay in a hotel room with my large dog and cat. We stayed for 10 days and only have good things to say. They don't charge extra for pets either. My room was a lot larger than I ever expected. Terrific staff. They all love pets also. A bit noisy from the trains passing but the double glass windows help.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Atascadero, United States
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This La Quinta is unique in that they refurbished an old Silo building that gives it a unique character. I stay in La Quintas because they are usually fairly priced, they accept dogs, and are family friendly. II prefer hotels with inside access because I usually travel with my family and this La Quinta has both rooms that access from the outside for quick stays and rooms that access from an inside hallway, if you prefer. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable and it was a good value.

Santa Cruz, United States
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Your manager is the friendliest we have had the pleasure to meet! Very professional. Motel nice rooms, extremely comfortable beds. quiet rooms except for the train that went by about every twenty minutes or so. By and large we both enjoy our accommodations and our stays at this La Quinta Motel. Sincerely, Mr. & Mrs. Gil & Gayle Montalvo

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed for two nights in the restored bean silo section of the hotel. It worked great for us, two adults and two high school girls. Despite close by freeway and rail, it was quiet. Breakfast was good, but don't be late or it's packed up and gone. Overall, it was a really good value.

Stayed April 2014
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My family which consists of my husband, two sons and two daughters, have just returned from our Spring Break vacation in Southern California. We stayed at The La Quinta Inn and Suites in Irvine, California. We always stay at La Quinta Inns when we travel. We have been to quite a few locations. This location in Irvine was by far a wonderful surprise. When we drove up to the Inn we were all a little freaked out because the outside appearance of the Inn is an old Mill next to the main hotel. My kids were actually scared. When we checked in I asked about the Mill and the hotel personnel said we were staying there...My kids called it "The Tower of Terror". As we entered the building we were quite surprised at how modern but also historic the building was. We reserved two rooms. They were very spacious and clean! Also very quiet. The walls are very thick so that sound doesn't travel from other rooms. The free morning breakfast was perfect. There are no eggs, bacon, sausage etc..offered. Just waffle maker, cereals, yogurt, muffins, toast, oatmeal, coffee and juices...But with the price you pay that is good enough and very convenient especially for me with 4 kids. The employee that manages the breakfast is named Oscar Romero. He makes you feel very at home also. He keeps the food completely stocked and offers help when needed. He is also very hospitable with the guests. We had a great conversation with him about the location and ideas of where to visit while in Southern California. He is perfect and represents La Quinta WELL! I've never seen someone like him in the other La Quinta's I stayed at. The hotel is very clean! I definately book my family to stay at this location again when we return in the summer! Very close to the I-5 freeway. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Choose room on opposite side of train tracks. Stay in the Mill. Not the main hotel building. Much...
1 Thank Liana M
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This was my boyfriend and I first time staying at La Quinta Inn. The bed and pillows were so comfortable. The staff was really nice. We loved everything abut our stay except for the train. But the good thing was that it was less frequent at night. If it weren't for the train we would have rated everything as 5.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member