“Rosa must be blind, but other than that it was decent.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Irvine
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Even with lowered expectations, this was a bad experience. I checked in on a Wed night, and found a black T-shirt on the floor in the corner of the closet. Rosa's name was on the card saying who cleaned my room. I called the front desk to let them know. I was offered a change of room, but declined, as long as the t-shirt would be removed the following day. Disappointed, I decided to draw a bath....but found soap residue and hairs in the bathtub! This time, I did accept a different room....also cleaned by Rosa (I checked the card). This room looked clean, except for the gum wrapper on the carpet near the entrance to the bathroom....in plain sight.....you can see it from the doorway, for Pete's sake. I didn't say anything and lo and behold, it was there the next evening as well.

I hate writing negative reviews, so here are the good things about the hotel....the bed was comfortable, the towels were nice, the coffee at the breakfast buffet was nice and strong.

I didn't care for the older appliances, the location (next to a railroad track) and the strange elevator setup at the back of the hotel...but in this respect, maybe I am a little spoiled.

I would have given this an Average or maybe even a Very Good score if it weren't for Rosa.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Room on top floor was large, comfortable and quiet. I stayed in the silo and had no problems with the train - could hear it in the distance but it didn't interfere with hearing the TV, conversation on the phone or with visitors. Air conditioner was quiet and kept room comfortable. Everything in working order. When I left in AM for short time, came back to find room cleaned (good experience) Wifi strong. Only complaints was had to call housekeeping over items left from previous guest and took a while for them to show up. Didn't use pool or breakfast - seemed popular, and a number of people hanging out at times in parking lot.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 May 2014

A very positive experience to stay in a hotel room with my large dog and cat. We stayed for 10 days and only have good things to say. They don't charge extra for pets either. My room was a lot larger than I ever expected. Terrific staff. They all love pets also. A bit noisy from the trains passing but the double glass windows help.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This La Quinta is unique in that they refurbished an old Silo building that gives it a unique character. I stay in La Quintas because they are usually fairly priced, they accept dogs, and are family friendly. II prefer hotels with inside access because I usually travel with my family and this La Quinta has both rooms that access from the outside for quick stays and rooms that access from an inside hallway, if you prefer. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable and it was a good value.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Your manager is the friendliest we have had the pleasure to meet! Very professional. Motel nice rooms, extremely comfortable beds. quiet rooms except for the train that went by about every twenty minutes or so. By and large we both enjoy our accommodations and our stays at this La Quinta Motel. Sincerely, Mr. & Mrs. Gil & Gayle Montalvo

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed for two nights in the restored bean silo section of the hotel. It worked great for us, two adults and two high school girls. Despite close by freeway and rail, it was quiet. Breakfast was good, but don't be late or it's packed up and gone. Overall, it was a really good value.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My family which consists of my husband, two sons and two daughters, have just returned from our Spring Break vacation in Southern California. We stayed at The La Quinta Inn and Suites in Irvine, California. We always stay at La Quinta Inns when we travel. We have been to quite a few locations. This location in Irvine was by far a wonderful surprise. When we drove up to the Inn we were all a little freaked out because the outside appearance of the Inn is an old Mill next to the main hotel. My kids were actually scared. When we checked in I asked about the Mill and the hotel personnel said we were staying there...My kids called it "The Tower of Terror". As we entered the building we were quite surprised at how modern but also historic the building was. We reserved two rooms. They were very spacious and clean! Also very quiet. The walls are very thick so that sound doesn't travel from other rooms. The free morning breakfast was perfect. There are no eggs, bacon, sausage etc..offered. Just waffle maker, cereals, yogurt, muffins, toast, oatmeal, coffee and juices...But with the price you pay that is good enough and very convenient especially for me with 4 kids. The employee that manages the breakfast is named Oscar Romero. He makes you feel very at home also. He keeps the food completely stocked and offers help when needed. He is also very hospitable with the guests. We had a great conversation with him about the location and ideas of where to visit while in Southern California. He is perfect and represents La Quinta WELL! I've never seen someone like him in the other La Quinta's I stayed at. The hotel is very clean! I definately book my family to stay at this location again when we return in the summer! Very close to the I-5 freeway. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Choose room on opposite side of train tracks. Stay in the Mill. Not the main hotel building. Much...