“California Trip”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Irvine
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This hotel was a great price, location and such friendly staff! The building is an old silo so the rooms are unique. Very clean place. There is a train that goes by one side quite often I didn't mind the noise but some might. Make sure you ask about this.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the back building. Non smoking and the rooms are larger and more unique. There is...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum

Reviewed 7 June 2014

This hotel is convienently located close to Irvine spectrum, has comfy beds, i loved the sheets. A/c worked which was awesome. Only wish they had more for breakfast instead of the standard and boring continental breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I genuinely enjoyed my stay. I had a room on the second floor away from the train tracks. I don't know what people were talking about when they said the train schedule was annoying, but during my four day stay, I hardly heard the train at night/morning. It looks weird from the outside, but trust me when I say that the rooms themselves don't look so bad. If you're looking for a place that will do that will have nice service and decent accomodations, LQ Inn will do the trick for the price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I checked in and I saw a lot of cops in front of my room. There were heavy noises in the hallway. I asked them to change my room, and they moved us to the second floor. The rooms were old feeling, and the building was banged up on the outside. The train didn't let us sleep all night. I complained to the desk clerk. The desk clerk was extremely rude and not apologetic. She said that it is a regular routine of the train, and that is something you get used to there. Some Indian people own the place. They are very unprofessional. Breakfast was very poor. I can't believe how these people got a La Quinta franchise
licence. It is too much for me to adjust to. Sorry, this is not the hotel you would want to go to when you pay 105.00 dollar every night.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We have stayed in other La Quinta inns in California that were fine but I do not recommend the one in Irvine, Spectrum. I think someone was trying to be creative with converting a grain mill next to railroad tracks into a hotel. Because the train is outrageously close to the back rooms and ridiculously loud, we did not have a restful 2 days. I could even hear it with my ear plugs in. Luckily, I think it only came by once after midnight. Also, pool and spa were full of splashing kids every time we wanted to use them so we didn't. Low price wasn't worth it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Friends car got broken into. Very low water pressure in bathroom sink. Carpet in the rooms stained & dirty. Went to Breakfast at 9am and all bagels & waffles were gone...waited 30 minutes to see if more would come and none did. The breakfast area was a complete mess. Was told by the front desk that I could not have late check out because "she had already given too many away". I have AAA and no one offered or suggested that I would get a discount if I mentioned it. Will not be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2014

unless you are okay with sleeping right next to a train track at night, look at other places. The breakfast is not like other La Quinta Inn, where they have scrambled eggs, etc. The bathroom, gives you a old motel feeling. The best part of the stay was a speedy checkout.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Travellers also viewed these Irvine hotels
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Irvine Spectrum
Candlewood Suites Orange County, Irvine Spectrum
Wyndham Irvine-Orange County Airport
Hotel Irvine
Hotel Irvine
#6 of 22 in Irvine
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Irvine - Spectrum
Homewood Suites by Hilton Irvine John Wayne Airport

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about La Quinta Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum

Address: 14972 Sand Canyon Ave, Irvine, CA 92618-2100
Region: United States > California > Orange County > Irvine
Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Irvine
Price Range: £67 - £97 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — La Quinta Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LaQuinta, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
La Quinta Irvine Spectrum Hotel Irvine