“Great hotel”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Jackson
Minden, Nevada
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Friendly service, very comfortable 'cabin' in a good location with respect to town and wine country. Conveniently located within close proximity to Indian Grinding Rock, Black Chasm, and not too long of a drive to get to Calaveras Big Trees. Kids slept great, 8ft deep pool was unexpected and enjoyed by all (as was the 1.5 ft kid pool attached to the large pool for the younger children). During our next trip to the area, we're looking forward to staying at the Jackson Lodge, well worth the price of admission.

Room Tip: Cabins provide kitchenettes for preparing our own packed meals to help save $ by not eating out, ext...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Fresno, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Me and my friends stayed there for a few days. The service is really good. The manager was very friendly. The rooms was very pleasant and the scenary surrounding the place is quite nice. The pool was a very nice place to relax. I would recommend staying at this hotel and I wish I would be able to go back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
california
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

My hubby and I stayed here for 3 nights. It is relatively quiet for so close a location on 49. The steep driveway is a little tricky to find, and once found, a little hard on the suspension as you drive down and over the curb and the speed bumps. We were upgraded to a king room fronting the pool, and it was relatively quiet. The grounds were fairly well maintained, but the buildings and the interior of at least our room could use some TLC. Our frig never did work. The furniture was a bit worn, and the plumbing was definitely odd- the water pressure was so high, it knocked the cup my husband held right out of his hand, and it honked loudly when we started the water for a shower! We originally thought the walls were paper thin, but found the maid had left one of our windows open behind the drapes. Once closed, the noise level quieted substantially. Breakfast was light, but there was a nice variety- bagels, cereal, oatmeal, toast and fresh fruit. The toaster had to be the slowest i have yet met, but did a decent job on my bagel. We ran into the problem of the back sliding glass door to the lobby not opening, even though we knew it wasn't locked a couple of times. The family that owns the place is still renovating , but they have done a good job so far. They were cordial, and when we checked out caught an error and corrected it immediately- We were within easy walking distance of Jackson town, and easy driving distance of several good Gold Country towns. Good place if you are on a budget and want a good central location to jump off from.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Reno, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed in room 116 and laying in my bed I would hear "scratching" sounds coming over from the back corner. I posted a video in my Facebook page as well and people could hear it. Whenever I got up to walk around the noise stopped only resuming when I was quiet. The property backs up to a creek so perhaps some critter has made a nest below the property. I told the front desk on checkout but they didn't seem to worried. Room was large, bed firm but the pillows sucked. Pool is open 24 hours a day. Not much noise from Hwy. 49 which fronts the property.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

My friend and I stayed two nights to work on our craft project. We stayed in the cottage, it was perfect, very roomy and nice and bright. Very quiet for being on hwy 49. The grounds are very well kept. We felt very safe too! Thank you Matt for taking such good care of this hotel and us. Wifi works too!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Robin B
San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

We reserve a room for our fishing trip. When the manager gave us the keys to our room; we then ask if this is a quiet room so we got to a different room which was quiet and we slept well after a long day out at the lake. The room was clean and we have a nice stay

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Sonoma, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

"The Jackson Lodge" I was so pleased to find has very spacious rooms, at a very reasonable rate, the property was clean, and the manager was kind and courteous. "The Jackson Lodge" is close to Kirkwood ski resort, there is a lot of beautiful country between them, and much history in the area. Also they have a nice little breakfast area where they serve breakfast, with a fireplace for those cold days. If you go to Jackson or Kirkwood ski resort, you just have to check out this place. Even though it is right off Hwy 49/88, my room was quiet I did not hear the trafic as the Lodge is down the hill from the hwy so the noise goes over the rooms. It is just great. Thank you Jackson Lodge!

Room Tip: All rooms a quiet as Lodge is down the hill from the Hwy and the noise goes over the Lodge!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Vicki E S

Travellers are raving about these Jackson hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
BEST WESTERN Amador Inn
Hotel Sutter
Hotel Sutter
#2 of 2 in Sutter Creek
Jackson Rancheria Casino Resort

Been to The Jackson Lodge? Share your experiences!