Jackson Rancheria Casino Resort
    Great 4.5/5
    • Pool
    Hotel Sutter(Sutter Creek)
    Very Good 4/5
    The Historic Hotel Leger(Mokelumne Hill)
    Very Good 4/5
    All reviewslobsterjackson rancheriaseafood buffetlone wolfslot machinescrab legsall you can eatrv parkfisherman's wharfprime ribcalifornia grillstory hotelexecutive suitechocolate dipped strawberriesovernight tripcovered walkwayking crab
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 30 July 2013

It was nice place to stay. The people were very nice and friendly. Had a very good dinner in the casino, it was up on the roof where you can look out. They do not serve alcohol in the casino, just in the restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
    3  Thank joan251
    Reviewed 20 June 2013

Went to the casino yesterday 6/19. I was impressed by the quality of the weekday buffet. Nothing fancy, but what was there was VERY flavorful, very tasty. And this was at 3:30 pm when the buffet closes down and the food has been sitting out a while. The senior price is $9 which makes this an even better deal. I liked this buffet better than the Sunday buffet I had six months ago when they had more specialty items and the price was higher. The bread pudding was deceptively good. It stuck to the pan and took some effort to get out. But with a little custard sauce on top, the texture and taste were excellent! I had two servings and I'm usually not a big fan of bread pudding.

My complaint: I brought my laptop with me to do some work. I was sitting in Jobo's Junction. I needed to plug-in my laptop recharger but there were no outlets in Jobo's Junction. There were outlets in the gaming areas but I wasn't sure if I was allowed to use them. So I asked a security guard if there was some place I could plug in. The guard said over near the electric scooter recharge station. So I recharged over there. Then another security guard came by and said I couldn't recharge my laptop in the casino. The guard confirmed this with her supervisor. The guard suggested that I recharge up at the hotel lobby.

What I don't understand is that the casino offers free WiFi and so you are encouraged to use mobile devices in the casino. But you aren't allowed to recharge them in the casino. That includes smartphones and tablets. I would expect the casino to want customers to stay in the casino as much as possible rather than requiring them to go to the hotel. I especially don't understand why I couldn't recharge my laptop in an area that is designated a recharging area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
    3  Thank markiguy
    Reviewed 24 May 2013

This is a place that is away from the highway traffic and city noise nestled in the Piney Woods of Gold Country. Since the remodel, there is a remarkable improvement. The hotel rooms are very spacious. Our room was clean and in excellent shape. Flat Screen TV with a significant choice of stations, and new Towels that are really nice and soft. The pool is absolutely beautiful and is heated. However the best part is the Lone Wolf Restaurant located on the second floor of the Casino. The food is magnificent along with service. Prices are reasonable considering the quality of your meal. The Anti-past dish was to die for. We had the Porcini Ravioli and the Cioppino both were five star quality. Can't wait to return for another great meal.

Room Tip: If you like to sit outside and enjoy listening to a water fountain ask for a balcony room. It is a little noisy during the day because it faces the front driveway of the Casino, but at night it is wonderful. Otherwise ask for a room facing the pool
    • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank Barges867
    Meghann K, Manager at Jackson Rancheria Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Thank you for your review!
    Being off the beaten path, really does make for a nice relaxing get-a-way .
    We’re so glad to hear you enjoyed yourself and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

Just returned from a 4 day stay at the RV park. Great RV park level concrete spots slanted so that your are not aware of your neighbor. Lots of grass great views, pool and hot tubs very nice. My only complaint is with the bathroom, although they were clean, nicely tiled, there isnt a door between,the room and the outside, thus no heat or AC and possible wild animals visiting the restroom. II would have given the RV park a 5 except for, the lack of a door. All employees were nice and helpful. We are not big gamblers so the casino was just ok, we too had an issue with the fact that alcohol isnt served in the casino or in the buffet . We ate only in the buffet and it was bad. The worst fried chicken that I have ever had. Stay away from the buffet.

Room Tip: Did not stay in the hotel
    • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
    1  Thank JoAnn L

Thank you for staying with us and for all the wonderful compliments. Your observation of our detached restroom is a good one. All our other restrooms have exterior doors, as well as heat and air conditioning. It stands to reason that this one should too. We are always looking for ways to improve our park, so your feedback is greatly appreciated. We hope you’ll visit again soon. Travel safely.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

Great check in experience. Great room. Everyone we came in contact was outstanding friendly except for the concert experience. I do not have his name but he is the head guy that books the events. If he had been our only contact we would never think of returning. Rude stuck up and an ego the size of California. Someone needs to remind him that customer satisfaction is what brings us back. One bad apple no matter what the level can ruin the whole bunch. We went to the buffet after concert. Expensive cold not a big assortment for the huge price you pay. Thank you everyone for making us want to return however us and several others will re think the concerts. Also it would be great if you could connect the hotel directly to the hotel. Not safe walking through parking garage to get to hotel

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends