Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jackson
US$94
US$87
Hotels.com
Hotel Sutter(Sutter Creek)(Great Value!)
US$133
TripAdvisor
Days Inn Sutter Creek(Sutter Creek)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$86
TripAdvisor
The Historic Hotel Leger(Mokelumne Hill)
US$90
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront deskplace to staybreakfast barfree breakfastmini fridgewould definitely stay here againsized roomand flat screen tvbagelsbed was comfortablesmall towncoffee makerhiefixtures
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2010

Came into town late at night no one was at the front desk, when they finally did show up, they looked haggered and restless. She was unkept, and unproffesional looking. We got into our room finally after what seemed like 2 hours and the room was disgusting. I looked in the bathroom and found little hairs everywhere including the toilet. The tub was grungy and I could scrape the grime off with my nails. The bed had stains all over it and also had hair in the sheets. It also looked like it hadnt been dusted in quiet some time. The refrigerator had chocolate and peanut butter all in the inside and was not clean. I found the tip envelopes very demanding. I did not leave a tip knowing that there was a tip envelope. Our only upside to our stay was checkout when we got to leave.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank Peachy_Keen45
Reviewed 20 June 2010

We chose this Holiday Inn because of the chain's reputation. It's about 6 blocks from 2 major intersections so we hoped it would be quiet....and it was! We saw both of our neighbors upon entering our rooms but never heard them. The insulation is terrific, one family had a fussy child but we never heard her once in the room. We could open the window partly for fresh air and we loved that. Our refrigerator wasn't working property and we had perishables and gel packs to keep frozen. Stephanie at the front desk asked if we wanted to change rooms or have her check out the fridge. We were so tired we said no to both but asked her to have it checked out when we left. I also asked for restaurant directions earlier so when she saw me coming back with dinner she asked where we decided to eat. I told here we were both so tired I just went to the nearby Raleys and bought dinner. I told here I could use an extra ice bucket and ice for the gel packs since the refrigerator didn't have a freezer compartment and she got me an extra bucket, filled it with ice and brought it up to my room. That made quite an impression on us! She went out of her way to assist. Definitely would stay there again because of the quiet and the hospitality of the staff!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beachbuddy7
Reviewed 6 April 2010

Cookies and a genuinely friendly smile were offered to us upon check-in, our room was clean, the beds comfortable, we slept better than we've slept in five nights, and the breakfast was surprisingly nice with moist (not dry) sausage patties, eggs, yogart, juices, cereals, etc. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to our friends and relatives.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank MistyNoon
Reviewed 19 March 2010

Despite the fact that a snowstorm closed the highway the night before and filled the Hotel to capacity, our room was ready to go by the suggested check in. On a normal day the Hotel could have checked us in early. Initially checked into room 102, which i recommend you request NOT having as it backs up to laundry room and the dryers beep every 300 seconds until 5pm. We were promptly moved to another room within minutes of making request to move. Our final room was MORE than comfortable and clean. Housekeeping was nice and pleasant and did an excellent job. In fact the shower was better than the one I have at home. Our room was appointed with a microwave and minifridge. TV remote batteries actually worked too ! Huge clock radio worked and was very easy to read and operate. Parking was ample and they have a luggage cart to borrow if you are like me and travel with tons of gear.
The only thing I can think of fixing in the room would be the lighting in the door area to see oneself better in the full length mirror, but since I dont stare at myself much it wasn't too big a deal.
Express Breakfast could use some help. Eggs were microwaved and tasted sorta.. I dunno what. Cinnamon rolls were cold but all the food was there, restocked and ready to eat even at 9:45am.
So all in all we slept really good and comfortable and ate "ok" enough to get by til lunch. Oh the internet was hit and miss... kept kicking us off

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank hllywdgrl
Reviewed 19 February 2010

We chose to stay here even though it was more expensive, because we had a very nice stay 2 years ago. We arrived and checked in, and the room was ready, and clean except for a few stray pieces of trash on the bathroom floor and the toilet was not flushing properly. When I called the desk about this, the clerk brought up a plunger, but no one came in to unclog it, I had to do it myself, and the toilet never seemed to work quite right.

A much bigger complaint however, was the "free internet" they advertise on their website and on the sign outside the hotel. No mention was made of a problem when we checked in, but when we tried and tried to log on, it would not connect. Another call downstairs, and the clerk admits that the internet has been out of service since Thursday, and this was Sunday. This is absolutely inexcusable for a business hotel. There was no offer of compensation or access to the internet elsewhere. When we checked out the next day, the desk clerk was allowed to deduct $25 from our bill for the inconvenience, but this did not come close to making up for time wasted and work that could not be done. We never would have stayed here had we known.

There was also the room key issue. Our key cards stopped working about 2 hours before our departure time. The clerk implied that it was our fault for carrying the keys with coins or car keys (both of us simultaneously?) She then reissued keys without even asking for ID, which my husband pointed out was an extremely unsafe breach of security. 15 minutes later, our parents' keys both stop working. Same story, the clerk tried to blame them rather than the hotel's equipment, and gave them new cards without requesting ID!!!!

Finally, the breakfast was not what they advertise. The juice machine was broken, so you could only pour from 2 cover-less pitchers in the little refrigerator, the only fruit was bananas, and there were no cinnamon rolls. I normally would not care, but the Holiday Inn makes such a big deal about their wonderful cinnamon rolls, even selling them by mail order, and I could not even give my daughter one for her birthday breakfast (the reason for our trip!) They obviously run out often, judging by the laminated sign apologizing for the lack of cinnamon rolls and the ample supply of cellophane wrapped pastries. I will let you know if they send us a complimentary tray of cinnamon rolls to apologize.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family