“Good clean business hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jackson
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Jackson
San Jose
“Good clean business hotel”
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We stayed in the hotel on 6/23/2012. It's location was great, easy to find, close to all the conveniences, couple minutes from Jackson historic old town, and less than 10 min from Sutter Creek old town. The room are big, clean, and nicely appointed. Bathroom was very clean as well. Wifi was free and speed was usable. Complimentary breakfast was very good, it included scrambled eggs, sausages, biscuits and hot pancakes in addition to the usual continental pastry types.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pochaco

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Bay Area CA
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I stayed in room 120, though this is a handicap suite, I found it met all my needs and exceeded my expectations. The bed was extremely comfortable with 2 soft & 2 firm pillows. The room was immaculate. I'm notorious for checking under beds and such for my own safety when returning to the room, and I didn't find one dust bunny anywhere & could see my reflection in the wall art. Everything from the remote control to the bathroom was clean friendly. This room faces Hwy. 49 and I am a light sleeper, but had no problems with the road noise. I think that the choices this hotel has made provides for a very comfortable stay. Front desk staff was excellent, as was cleaning and maintenance. On the 2nd night of my stay the self closing mechanism on the exit door outside my room disabled & was slamming shut. I called the front desk (after 5p.m.) & the called the maintenance gentleman & he returned to work and it was fixed promptly. Kudos to this hotel!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank SafeGalBayAreaCA
Sherman Oaks CA
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Only stayed a single night, but it was a great night. Desk clerk, Paul, was efficient and very friendly. Loved the cookies that were at the desk, they sure hit the spot for a hungry traveler. Then when Paul was done with checking me in...he handed me a small white bag that contained some snacks and a bottle of cold water!

Paul gave me some great suggestions for dinner, I always like to eat at locally owned restaurants that are nearby the hotels I visit.

Room was clean, fresh and comfortable. AC was a bit louder than I would have liked, but not obtrusive.

Internet connection was pretty quick..which I liked. Allowed me to Skype with loved ones back home and get some work done.

Breakfast had a great variety to satisfy.

When next in the area, I will surely stay there again!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Mt3333
California
Reviewed 12 May 2012

We've stayed at this hotel a dozen times (and at Jackson Rancheria a bunch). This place is the best. Ask for a room facing the courtyard, not facing hwy 49 (it will be a bit noisy). The rooms are clean, well appointed, and very functional. The a/c works (not always true at Jackson Rancheria) - most necessary in the summer. The beds are the best (so says my wife) and the pillows terrific. And my wife likes the lighting in the bathroom (seems to be important for her); personally, I like the shower. The breakfast is standard HI Express (high carb) - since the room has a fridge, I bring my own fruit/yogurt or cereal and coffee - and grab a milk in the breakfast room. Hey, this is me - picky, picky.
We haven't tried Jackson Rancheria hotel in a year (it's undergone renovation forever) - but the a/c has been a problem and continued to be so (so, watch out for summer).

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the courtyard (it's quieter).
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank DonJH
SE USA
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Good location. Room a bit dated. Did not have the breakfast. Price a little high for a HI Express.

Room Tip: DEont face the road
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Bosco125
Silicon Valley, CA
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Some of our family retired and moved to the Jackson area. On some special occasions, the house gets filled to overflowing, so we have stayed at the Holiday inn Express many nights. So often, in fact, that Ken at the front desk started to recognize us as we walked in. So it is about time to write a review!

HI Express properties are part of the Intercontinental Hotel Group, where my company books most of my travel. It is always a pleasure to visit Jackson. It is a new property. Always clean. The free breakfast has something for everyone, in a nice setting (on the sofa or easy chair in front of the TV if you want).

Every staff member I have met has been truly friendly and helpful. If anything ever was amiss, it was taken care of. And they are a wealth of knowledge about the area, too. The service just feels as good or better than higher priced properties.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank dan4911
Beachmuse63
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Going to a concert at Jackson Rancheria and their hotel was booked.So I read reviews on trip advisor about the Holiday Inn Express and booked it. Glad we did. It was perfect just minutes from downtown and short distance to the casino.
The young man at the front desk was very nice and we were able to check in by 2pm. Lots of free parking a nice perk A large.grocery store across the street for getting snacks for your microwave and fridge.
We had a clean spacious king room on the first floor(away from the hwy). That night was so quiet we didn't hear a thing.The king bed was large and comfy,shower pressure was out of this world. Next morning had a nice free breakfast. Usual fare,eggs,sausage,bagels,toast,cereal,yogurt,coffee and tea,juices.Nice selection.Breakfast room was also clean and comfy. Would stay here again when in town. Great trip!

Room Tip: Get a room away from hwy.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Beachmuse63
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Best Western Amador Inn
#1 of 2 in Pioneer
The Robin's Nest
The Robin's Nest
#1 of 3 in San Andreas

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jackson? Share your experiences!