The National Hotel
US$95
US$85
Agoda.com
US$99
Hotel Sutter(Sutter Creek)(Great Value!)
US$131
The Historic Hotel Leger(Mokelumne Hill)
US$90
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsgold countryrooms are smallshared balconyhistoric buildingrestaurant downstairsbalcony overlookingbeautiful hotelmain streetking roomfiletpublic rooms arelower floorstone fireplacehistoric feelingstayed one nightjacuzzi tubhigh quality sheets
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My wife and i stayed here one night on April 8. We had gotten a dealsaver coupon for 50% off, so thought we would take advantage of that for a weekday getaway. This place is terrific! The hotel itself is steeped in history and the massive remodeling and updating it went through a few years ago kept that history alive. There are antiques and old period paintings, pictures, and prints in the rooms and all througout the hotel. One can only imagine what it would have been like to stay there "in the day". We had a queen suite complete with a jacuzzi tub and separate walk-in shower. Like others have mentioned, water pressure is NO problem at this hotel. The bed area of the room was a tad small, as to be expected, but quite adequate, and the bath/shower area was huge. The two plush robes hanging up in the bath area were a nice unexpected touch and there was also a good supply of extra towels. The room was very clean and well kept, had a very comfortable bed, and LOTS of pillows. Check-in was a breeze, and ALL of the staff we had contact with were wonderful and very welcoming. Had a great chat with one of them on the elevator who was in period dress which was a nice historical touch. Since we were there on a Tuesday, the steakhouse restaurant was not open, but we were able to take advantage of the buffet breakfast on Wednesday morning before check-out. Nice little self serve all you can eat buffet with scrambled eggs, sausages that were absolutely delicious, home made granola, milk, water, OJ, coffee, toast, and home made pastries. Not a big breakfast fan here, but it was really good! Free parking is included in a covered structure behind the hotel and numerous shops and places to eat are within walking distance on main street directly out the front door of the hotel. (for a great polish dog, give fat freddy's a try!) Again, this hotel is a great place and we would definitely stay there again, coupon or no coupon.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank casperntn1
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My Husband and I took a quick weekend getaway from Reno to the Amador wine country and stayed at The National Hotel. It was slightly higher priced than other options in the area, but based on photos and reviews we decided that it would be worth it. We were right! Although it is a 1850's building, the renovation is beautiful. The bed and linens were luxurious and the shower was amazing. Our standard King room wasn't huge so I would opt for a Deluxe King room next time. We had dinner reservations at the Stanley's steakhouse downstairs and were very impressed with the food and service. I don't usually order chicken at a steakhouse but based on recommendations I stepped outside the box and tried it. I'm so glad I did because it was incredible. My husband has the Rib Eye with Bourdelaise, also wonderful. Our server was extremely knowledgeable about the menu and very attentive. The only thing that I would change might be more private booths. Maybe a little higher backs so that you are not looking directly at the table next to you. Since we were hotel guests, a continental breakfast was offered until 10am. We went down at about 9:30 and there was nothing left :( Fortunately, brunch was going to be served at Stanley's at 10 so we just waited and paid for brunch. It was a beautiful day so we sat outside and the food was great. All in all, I would highly recommend The National Hotel and look forward to a future getaway :) P.S. I was a little freaked out about the "ghost thing" but as soon as I walked in I could tell that the hotel had a happy energy and from then on I wasn't afraid at all...OK maybe just a little!

Room Tip: I would opt for the larger King.
3  Thank Kim M
Reviewed 10 March 2014

For the past eleven years, our company has taken all of our employees on a business outing. I have coordinated ten of them. This year we had 17 rooms and 32 people attend. Without a doubt this was the easiest experience to manage (we have even stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay). The hotel is lovely, and the staff is superior. Every single person at the hotel was totally customer services oriented. The response from our employees was absolutely positive.

We had our Friday Night company dinner at Stanley's Steakhouse (their restaurant) and it couldn't have been more perfect. The food was very good and the wait staff went above and beyond.

I cannot say enough good things about every member of the staff.

Thanks to all at the National for making this such a memorable experience!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Dianne N
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My husband and I just spent one night at the National Hotel in Downtown Jackson. It's like stepping back in time. The hotel has been beautifully renovated, but there were just a few downfalls. The rooms are quite small, the mattress was very firm (my husband complained of a backache the next morning) and folklore says the hotel is haunted. I'm not superstitious, so that haunting part didn't bother me, but it did freak my husband out a little bit.
The upside... the bathroom was beautiful, we had a jetted bathtub and a separate shower. The continental breakfast was nice.
Full price? Probably not, but we got a half price deal so it was worth every penny of that.

Room Tip: Great wine tasting just about 20 minutes away in Plymouth, Ca. About 39 wineries and all very close to each other.
2  Thank colleen l
Reviewed 3 March 2014

My husband and I often stay in Jackson at chain motels on our way to skiing at Kirkwood. This weekend we wanted something different and found the National Hotel. What a treat! The staff was super friendly and helpful, the room sparkling clean, and the bed very comfortable. The restoration was done really well: an old-time feel with modern conveniences. We enjoyed the balcony overlooking Main Street. The hotel is a great asset to historic Jackson.

2  Thank onthego_sj