The National Hotel
US$87
Hotels.com
US$121
US$99
Hotel Sutter(Sutter Creek)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$129
Travelocity
The Historic Hotel Leger(Mokelumne Hill)
US$90
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsgold countryrooms are smallshared balconyhistoric buildingrestaurant downstairsbalcony overlookingbeautiful hotelmain streetking roomfiletpublic rooms arelower floorstone fireplacehistoric feelingstayed one nightjacuzzi tubhigh quality sheets
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This is a very nice spot to spend a historic weekend in the gold country. The steakhouse downstairs is pretty good as well, although, somewhat dated. The rooms are small, but very nice and very comfortable. Will stay there again.

Room Tip: Get a larger room if available and the breakfast is very nice.
Reviewed 29 April 2014

After sorting out some miscommunication concerning our initial reservation, from check-in to departure the service was absolutely outstanding. Thank you, Stephen.
We stayed in a suite on the second floor that was attached to the shared balcony. The view wasn't extraordinary, but we enjoyed watching people walking down main street while taking in the fresh, cool air.
Although we didn't have dinner, we did spend a couple hours at the bar and really enjoyed our time. When we got up in the morning we took advantage of the morning buffet and thought it was excellent. I'm an egg an sausage guy so I was happy. My wife enjoyed the homemade granola so much she bought some to take home with us.
Our room was fresh, very clean and nicely decorated. The bed was comfortable and bedding was luxurious. We live fairly close so even though Jackson isn't a vacation destination we will visit again just to enjoy the hotel.

1  Thank OldNorCalGuy
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My husband and I just returned from a two night stay at The National Hotel. It definitely exceeded my expectations. The rooms are small but they have everything one needs. We stayed in a king room which included a very comfortable bed with beautiful linens, a closet, dresser, chairs, tv and a lovely bathroom with marble floors (heated). My only complaint is that the bathroom had very little shelf space. The couple traveling with us stayed in a balcony room and said they would not do so again as hotel guests sat right outside their window talking loudly until at least 10:00 p.m. The bar was fun and we enjoyed an excellent dinners in the restaurant for our two night stay. Also a complimentary breakfast which included delicious baked goods baked at the bakery adjoining the hotel, also fresh fruit, scrambled eggs and sausage and delicious coffee. The town of Jackson itself does not offer much but the Plymouth area of Amador County has wonderful wines. My favorites were Turley and Amador Cellars. We will definitely stay at this historic hotel again.

Room Tip: Choose a non balcony room if you want a good nights rest.
2  Thank mauisun
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My wife and i stayed here one night on April 8. We had gotten a dealsaver coupon for 50% off, so thought we would take advantage of that for a weekday getaway. This place is terrific! The hotel itself is steeped in history and the massive remodeling and updating it went through a few years ago kept that history alive. There are antiques and old period paintings, pictures, and prints in the rooms and all througout the hotel. One can only imagine what it would have been like to stay there "in the day". We had a queen suite complete with a jacuzzi tub and separate walk-in shower. Like others have mentioned, water pressure is NO problem at this hotel. The bed area of the room was a tad small, as to be expected, but quite adequate, and the bath/shower area was huge. The two plush robes hanging up in the bath area were a nice unexpected touch and there was also a good supply of extra towels. The room was very clean and well kept, had a very comfortable bed, and LOTS of pillows. Check-in was a breeze, and ALL of the staff we had contact with were wonderful and very welcoming. Had a great chat with one of them on the elevator who was in period dress which was a nice historical touch. Since we were there on a Tuesday, the steakhouse restaurant was not open, but we were able to take advantage of the buffet breakfast on Wednesday morning before check-out. Nice little self serve all you can eat buffet with scrambled eggs, sausages that were absolutely delicious, home made granola, milk, water, OJ, coffee, toast, and home made pastries. Not a big breakfast fan here, but it was really good! Free parking is included in a covered structure behind the hotel and numerous shops and places to eat are within walking distance on main street directly out the front door of the hotel. (for a great polish dog, give fat freddy's a try!) Again, this hotel is a great place and we would definitely stay there again, coupon or no coupon.

2  Thank casperntn1
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My Husband and I took a quick weekend getaway from Reno to the Amador wine country and stayed at The National Hotel. It was slightly higher priced than other options in the area, but based on photos and reviews we decided that it would be worth it. We were right! Although it is a 1850's building, the renovation is beautiful. The bed and linens were luxurious and the shower was amazing. Our standard King room wasn't huge so I would opt for a Deluxe King room next time. We had dinner reservations at the Stanley's steakhouse downstairs and were very impressed with the food and service. I don't usually order chicken at a steakhouse but based on recommendations I stepped outside the box and tried it. I'm so glad I did because it was incredible. My husband has the Rib Eye with Bourdelaise, also wonderful. Our server was extremely knowledgeable about the menu and very attentive. The only thing that I would change might be more private booths. Maybe a little higher backs so that you are not looking directly at the table next to you. Since we were hotel guests, a continental breakfast was offered until 10am. We went down at about 9:30 and there was nothing left :( Fortunately, brunch was going to be served at Stanley's at 10 so we just waited and paid for brunch. It was a beautiful day so we sat outside and the food was great. All in all, I would highly recommend The National Hotel and look forward to a future getaway :) P.S. I was a little freaked out about the "ghost thing" but as soon as I walked in I could tell that the hotel had a happy energy and from then on I wasn't afraid at all...OK maybe just a little!

Room Tip: I would opt for the larger King.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple