“Lunch at the National Hotel Deli” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Seating
jackson
“Lunch at the National Hotel Deli”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

My mother and I ate out on the deck at the back of the deli. She had the Krab salad sandwich which she said was very good. I really enjoyed the chicken salad sandwich, an interesting combination of chicken, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds and a few other ingredients, and light on the mayo. I had the broccoli salad as a side, and it was excellent also. The servings were large enough that I had half of my sandwich for lunch the next day. I will be back!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Oakdale, California, United States
“Best Lunch Anywhere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

In Old Town Jackson, we found a fantastic lunch place. The National Hotel Deli in Old Town Jackson makes the best chicken salad sandwich I have had in a very long time. And seriously the best potato salad I ever had in a restaurant. Ever. To be fair, we did go there on the right day. They said they change the recipe sometimes, and on the day we were there, they had actually made my mom’s potato salad, and since this was on Easter weekend, I was amazed, grateful, and just about beaming. I do miss her potato salad. But lunch there should always be very good, no matter what you have. They are good cooks, and there’s a nice back balcony to eat on.

Plus The National Hotel is actually a beautiful truly historic actual hotel. It’s a must see.

• Visited April 2013