“Good food, fine service”
Review of Teresa's Place

Teresa's Place
Ranked #7 of 58 Restaurants in Jackson
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 July 2013

A large group of us (remnants of a family reunion) enjoyed dinner at Teresa's Place, a very hard to find restaurant founded over 90 years ago and still run by descendants of the original Teresa. The good is solid, homey Italian--think "red sauce," but also think "calamari steak," veal picatta/parmegiana/marsala, etc. and a good selection of pizzas. Wonderful minestrone and a green salad with plenty of beets, carrots, and thinly sliced patty pan squash were served family style; entrees are served individually. My chicken scallopini was beautifully seasoned; other members of our party raved about the ravioli, the stuffed squash, the calamari "steak," the pasta and pesto. Service was very friendly and prompt; the bartender initially rebuffed a request for sangria, but grudgingly gave in when faced with requests from several in our party. A restaurant certainly worth searching for (it's VERY off the beaten path).

Reviewed 19 May 2013

In Jackson, just off route 49, the "gold highway", there sits an amazing Italian restaurant called Teresa's Place. The historic ambience, the service and the superb, and very affordable meals make this place a destination for a romantic evening or a family get together.

We have eaten there now over 5 times, it's an hour from our house, and each time the meals have been memorable for their quality.

This last event, yesterday, was a business meeting for 30 folks, and the skewered, grilled shrimp, the various Italian salamis and the nuggets of aged cheeses made the appetizer course a fantastic start. Then the huge salad got us ready for either the rack of lamb or the filet mignon (we had one of each). They were both perfectly cooked, tender, juicy and delicious. The side of risotto with melted cheese and wild mushrooms was amazing (my wife had little opportunity to finish hers as she's a story teller, which provides me time to snag some extra bites)! Topped off by coffee, cabernet sorbet and Scott Harvey Forte (port), and you had a business meal that tasted like a starred Michelin experience!

My wife is also a gourmet cook and every time we eat here. we both love this place!!!

Sante!

Reviewed 16 May 2013

When I get a craving for Italian food, I look for the classics. It is getting harder and harder to find. When my husband and I are visiting the Gold Country, we can't resist a stop at Teresa's. I'm always drawn to the veal dishes because I rarely see those on menus, but the last time, I had the most delicious pasta dish. We always appreciate the great wine prices and selection. Great atmosphere, much history, a delightful staff, and hearty comfort food. What more does one need?

Reviewed 9 May 2013

My wife and I came up to Jackson for the weekend to enjoy the small town ambiance. A local business recommended to us to go to Teresa's because it is a local hangout. I figured since locals dine there it probably is one of those places you discover and think you found a treasure. WRONG! We walked into a dirty bar. At first we were asked if we had a reservation and when I said no they said it would be a wait. We decided to sit in the bar area and get a drink before dinner but I could never get the bar tender to acknowledge I was there. It seemed like Locals were sitting at the bar and they were getting helped but we never got a drink. Then we were sat at a table that was very small next to an old wooden door to separate us from another table. I asked our server for those drinks we wanted and after about another 15 minutes she came back with them. Our dinner was long, they were understaffed and she was not friendly at all. Pretty much a gruff older woman that I am pretty sure had just smoked and smelled of cigarettes. The soup was pretty good but she cleared the large bowl before we had finished the soup. Then out came a salad that had fruit in it and was actually pretty good. I wished I had stuck with the soup and salad because the next course was terrible. Extra thin sliced tasteless meat and the worst meat sauce on over cooked pasta ever. I think with the raviolis we each got two. The meal took way over three hours and I must say other than enjoying my wife's beautiful face and conversation I should have ordered pizza and beer and called it good.

2  Thank Adam R
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Rates right up there with the old family style places that once existed in North Beach San Francisco.

Only problem was that our meal took almost 2 hours from start to finish. They could certainly use some more wait staff and the time between courses was way too long.

If you aren't in a hurry, I would highly recommend.

1  Thank nsgw