“Neglected but has potential”

El Campo Casa Resort Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jackson
El Campo Casa Resort Motel
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed 7 September 2011

I loved the potential this place has. It should be remodeled into a boutique hotel. I love the grounds though they are neglected and not nurtured. The pool is also potentially fabulous, but the owners do not keep it up. There was debris all around and the patio furniture is worn and old. The shrubs were not trimmed and everything looked over grown and neglected. The lawn was not manicured and the flower beds were full of debris. If I had the money I would buy this place and remodel it to rise to its potential. I love the tericotta tile and the mission style architecture. It's just got old stuff and is lacking in decorating taste. The bed coverings are cheap and the art work on the walls is just nothing. I know its an inexpensive motel, but it has the possibilities of being such a classy place that hosts wine tastings and weddings. But in the shape it is in , it will never make it to this status. The female host was also very unfriendly. Its seemed she was almost irritated we were there. It was spooky, kind of like the bates motel greeting. It just has such charm, but its just not realized.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank libfam

Reviewed 5 September 2011

I spent almost every Saturday night in Room 2 or 4, for over a year and I loved it. The owners are very special people who made me feel very welcome and comfortable. I would recommend this very special place to everyone. The gardens and landscape are beautiful, calming and lush. The pool is huge and there is a play area for children and places to BBQ and eat outdoors. You can relax on a lounge chair and read or take a nap, too. Jackson and near-by Sutters Creek are rich in California history.

Room Tip: Rooms are cozy, clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Susan E
Reviewed 17 July 2010

Amazing value pleasant and helpful service. Nicely secluded with a super pool and charming gardens. WIFI? WOW! and free.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jwwchief
Reviewed 15 April 2010

We had booked there previously since they allowed dogs but had found out on arrival we had to book one of the two rooms in which dogs were allowed. We hadn't so we were refused accommodations even when we were willing to leave our (obedient and quiet) dog in the back of our truck. The front desk clerk .made a big deal about the fact that she was not going to charge us for the room that we were not allowed to stay in. I had looked forward to staying here since it had a big pool and grounds so we decided to give it another chance a few months later. Our room was big enough but the toilet was not working right. (my husband fixed it) and there was a trickle of water in the shower. At check out the same front desk clerk just shrugged her shoulders when we told her of the problems we had with the bathroom facilities. It wish we had been more assertive and asked for a refund since she could have cared less about our comfort. We had been hoping to have a family reunion there at some point since we liked the grounds and pool, but not with service like that. .

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank deoinker
Reviewed 13 September 2008

The drawing of this motel (along with the great price!) enticed us to stay here for two nights, and we were not disappointed. We had a room facing the expansive gardens in the back. Pool towels were provided and the pool was lovely and refreshing. Everything was immaculate and well maintained, and the motel was well situated. The room and bathroom were compact, but the mattress was comfy and we had ample room for our stuff. This is probably the best value was have found in the U.S. in years. Then we could splurge for dinner at Villa Buscaglia - yum!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank kandv
Reviewed 19 June 2008

Great deal! Really nice family owned classic California motel!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank CorvairGuy
Reviewed 9 June 2008

Overall experience was above average of an inexpensive motel: nice clean pool, nice surroundings, spacious room, clean bathroom. Two years earlier, in August 2005, I had the same experience. I chose the motel from a list given to me by the Mother Lode Ragtime Society in Jackson.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled solo
1  Thank ragtimer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
2 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jackson
The Jackson Lodge
The Jackson Lodge
#5 of 7 in Jackson

Been to El Campo Casa Resort Motel? Share your experiences!