“Very nice room, pleasant staff.”

Best Western Amador Inn
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Although there were a few minor opportunities for improvement, this was a very nice room, in a great location with pleasant and helpful staff.

My family was camping about 10 miles away. I've done my share of camping over the years, but now I really like the luxury of sneaking off to a comfortable bed with A/C at bedtime. I did find a used bar of soap in the shower, but otherwise the room seemed spotless. It was well appointed and spacious. It had the new style single serve coffee maker, but only decaf. The A/C blew cold, I think the thermostat knob was broken. Good thing I like it cold !

I did not sample the continental breakfast, but it looked like they had a nice separate room. There was a Denny's and a bar next door. I would recommend this place to my friends and stay again if the opportunity came up. The rate was a little above my comfort zone, so the only thing that might keep me away is if I found a better deal somewhere.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BiffCanlett

Reviewed 13 August 2014

What a great place to stay. We were traveling by motorcycle and asked for a ground floor room to keep an eye on the bike. Our room had a sliding glass door with our bike parked right outside. A Denny's is next door so after a long day riding you don't have to gear up to ride to dinner, that is a plus.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Good clean room and good breakfast. However, at the breakfast, they didn't have regular syrup for the waffles and had to use sugar free which tasted OK. I'm a light sleeper, and it was a little noisy by the road but convenient to Jackson Rancheria where we went.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This is the facility if you're looking for a clean, comfortable, quiet Hotel. The adjacent Denny's is convenient and shopping is nearby. Front desk is courteous and efficient. Get place for a Get-Away.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2014

To me a hotel or motel is basically a place to spend the night after exploring the various sights of the region I'm visiting. As long as it's relatively clean and comfy I'm usually satisfied as I don't make it a habit of staying in my room any longer than it takes to take care of the usual amenities and get roughly eight hours of sleep. I prefer to stay in historic hotels because history is my passion and they are much more interesting and inviting for me than just your standard motel room. After all when you've seen one hotel room you've seen them all and historic hotels have "character" which is important to me. That being said, I have to put in a few good words for the Best Western Amador Inn in Jackson, California.

1st: In my opinion it’s a standard motel: Clean, comfortable with the usual pool, a Denny’s right across from the rooms is handy plus they also have a nice cocktail lounge. The bartender even made a “Blue Lady” (see my review of the Washoe Club in Virginia City, NV) for me that was really pretty good.

When I arrived I really wasn’t feeling well and I asked the woman at the desk if I could have a room on the first floor. She was very accommodating and gave me the best room I could have asked for. They also feature a continental breakfast that’s a bit more than the usual coffee and sweet rolls you usually expect. Cereal, waffles, hard boiled eggs are also featured.

The hotel staff was excellent and staying here was a pleasant experience although I’d like to try the newly restored Jackson Hotel at the end of Jackson’s main business district. It was much too pricey when it reopened after their restoration, but it seems they have brought their prices down a bit, so next time I may try it, but otherwise I can recommend the Best Western Amador Inn for a nice stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank westernbuff
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The room was fairly nice, the beds were too firm for my liking but the air conditioner worked great which turned out to be extremely important since we arrived and stayed a whole week during a heat wave of 98 - 100 degree temps. Housekeeping service was okay had to call down several times to remind them we needed clean towels and more coffee packets.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Beatrice W
Reviewed 1 August 2014

A Nice Quiet Place to stay. Close to the Casino, good value for the money. Have stayed there many times. Love the pool. Breakfast could use some help. Good location. Close to many places of interest and thrift stores and antique stores, restaurants are close by. Beautiful weather.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Days Inn Sutter Creek
#1 of 1 in Mokelumne Hill
Pioneer Inn & Suites
Pioneer Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Pioneer

Been to Best Western Amador Inn? Share your experiences!