“Family fun for all ages!”

Gold Prospecting Adventures
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Jamestown
More attraction details
Owner description: As seen on every major network including Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, Discovery and History Channels, Tokyo TV, CBS and read about in the New York Times, The San Francisco Chronicle, the Shock Family has some of the most experienced and knowledgeable prospectors in all of Gold Country. We will open doors for the novice to the professional that you may have not known existed. You may lose your pictures but you will never forget the memories. Come have a blast into the past finding gold and learning the art of prospecting on the historic Woods Creek. The surest way to ensure the future is by touching the past.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 15 January 2014

What can I say? We had a blast! Initially only Daddy was interested in doing this, but as we learned more, we decided to all try it out, and we're so glad we did! Our 7yo daughter thought it would be too cold and wet, but she ended up a superstar at panning. Most kids get bored with panning after awhile and want to do sluicing, but she was the only one finding gold -- in every pan! She was a natural. Great memories. Great fun. Can't wait to do it again.

1  Thank Julie M
in 12 reviews
in 11 reviews
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I did the Bonanza, with sluice box where you are digging, and my wife did panning on her own. We went out with Brent and had a great time. He was very knowledgeable in mining, as I asked as many questions as I could think of and he had answers for all of the questions. In just two hours of digging and I wasn't able to get that much bedrock in the sluice box, I found .29 grams of gold. We will definitely be going back in the future and bringing some friends with us and will hopefully bring in the mother lode, as I now know a lot more about how to get to the pay dirt. Brent and all of the others associated with Gold Prospecting Adventures, LLC were very passionate and knowledgeable about gold and other types of mining.

1  Thank butchcassidy49
Reviewed 1 November 2013

The gold rush shaped our country and you should spend a day with Brent, Dustin and the rest of the family there. They made it so much fun I came back a week later and did it again. Dustin was great and taught me so much I found gold on my own. I recommend everyone do this at least once and do it with Gold Prospecting Adventures.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Took an opportunity to introduce a friend to gold prospecting. To make sure we got there before our time slot started, my friend Paul and I arrived early--even had time to go get a bite to eat breakfast at a local café before getting started. We had a great time! Believe my friend has the "fever" now. The five hour outing flew bye and Brent's family (team) provided outstanding guidance and instruction. Brent made a point to come out to the site to visit us while out there! I recommend this outfit to everyone interested in spending a day with family or friends, learn about gold prospecting/panning/sluicing and learn to appreciate what our ancestors went through for the chance to search for gold. We will be back without a doubt...Thank you Brent and Gold Prospecting Adventures!

Ric L

See more reviews
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Earlier this month we went gold panning on a gold bearing private river. What a great time it was! We found gold, and learned a bunch about gold panning and the gear . The owner, and his guides are REAL gold miners. There is no question they could not answer. They have a passion for gold mining, and a wealth of experience to draw on. Wish I lived closer...I'd go every weekend! It is some hard work, but sitting by the river all day is very relaxing. And it did not cost much either. I am hooked on recreational gold panning. Jamestown has become one of my favorite weekend destinations! Many thanks to Brent & Dan!!! Sue & Chris