“WHAT AN AWESOME DAY !!!”

Gold Prospecting Adventures
Ranked #2 of 13 things to do in Jamestown
More attraction details
Owner description: As seen on every major network including Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, Discovery and History Channels, Tokyo TV, CBS and read about in the New York Times, The San Francisco Chronicle, the Shock Family has some of the most experienced and knowledgeable prospectors in all of Gold Country. We will open doors for the novice to the professional that you may have not known existed. You may lose your pictures but you will never forget the memories. Come have a blast into the past finding gold and learning the art of prospecting on the historic Woods Creek. The surest way to ensure the future is by touching the past.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I was given information about GOLD PROSPECTING ADVENTURES by my child's first grade teacher. He is now 10 years old and we were finally able to make the trip to Jamestown to see for ourselves. I couldn't be happier that we did, because it was everything and more than our son had dreamed it would be.
Brent and Dustin were patient and made learning to pan for gold so enjoyable. They know their stuff when it comes to finding gold, sharing historical information and just making the time spent with them a super fun time for adults as well as the kids.
You can absolutely lose yourself in another time and place, while creating fantastic family memories with this activity.
If I had more than two thumbs up, I'd give it to them. Don't miss this one !!!!

There are newer reviews for Gold Prospecting Adventures

Reviewed 1 April 2014

This experience is an awesome family outing. This is a Legacy trip for me as I was here as a child, I am now bringing my children here to learn about panning and Gold history at the heart of where it happens. The whole group at Gold Prospecting Adventures are great people,and go above and beyond the call of duty, even helping pan in the pouring rain.. memories we will never forget and found Gold to Boot... every time have been here... Highly Recommend ...

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Amazing weekend trip! Brent was a great chat and very knowledgeable. Highly recommend Gold Prospecting Adventures over all other claim rentals.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

This place is great. You can almost sense the ghosts of gold miners past here, and feel yourself transported back to what is was like during the gold rush. Brent is my kind of guy, too - a straight shooting, straight talking, no BS kind of guy who will tell you everything you'll need, and need to know, to start finding those elusive nugget up in the hills (or just have a great time trying). I especially appreciated his honesty when it came to what books and tools I would need to buy - he could easily have sold me so much more the day that I paid him and his great team a visit, but had the integrity to only furnish me with what I needed to start with, nothing more. I will be going back as soon as I can (and as often as I can). I recommend this place unconditionally for anyone looking for a great gold and gold country adventure, big or small, young or old.

2  Thank David W
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We did the 2 hour Pan and Sluice and had the best time. Dustin is a great young man who helped a lot and shared his knowledge in an age appropriate way for our kids. I can only recommend . And yes, we left we a little bit of gold and 3 VERY happy boys!

1  Thank leluxo