Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Royal Carriage
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Jamestown
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great!”
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Some rooms must share a bathroom. This concerned me, but it was never an issue. I didn't have to wait and it was always very clean. The hotel is quaint and full of antique decor. My bed was so comfortable and there was a sink, fridge, and microwave in my room. Customer service was exceptional! I loved sitting in the flowery courtyard with my morning coffee. The hotel provided free breakfast of fruit, toast, oatmeal, and cereal. I would've liked a little more options but this stay was an incredible value.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Te Awamutu, Waikato, New Zealand
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This building is so original in certain ways and keeps it's charm. The room was clean and tidy, bathroom on small side. We stayed here to visit Yosemite and was about a 2 hour drive. They recommended great place for dinner to.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Stockport
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Booked online, really bowled over by this place. Charming reception, friendly staff. Tiny room, very little space to put the bags for road trippers like us but no problem for one night. Queen bed is all they can fit in to such tiny rooms. Shower was bijou but good power. Breakfast is poor but there is a diner straight across the road for those who want more than toast and microwave porridge/cereal. Our room had a porch with a swinging seat and you can go to the front of the inn to sit on the porch overlooking the Main Street.
Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Any room is fine, the Main Street is quiet at night
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights with our toddler. Overall it was basic but clean, and value for money compared with some of the more expensive places close to Yosemite. The only negative was our room pretty much had no natural light. There was a window but due to the close proximity of the building next door, the blinds were closed. This wasn't really a problem since we were out sightseeing most of the time but did make the room feel dark. The 'free' breakfast isn't worth bothering about. Jamestown itself is very quaint, and worth taking half a day or so to explore. The historic railtown is pretty interesting and we ate twice at Morelia Mexican, which was very family friendly, and had tasty food.

Room Tip: Ask for one upstairs with a window!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

My friend and I were using Jamestown as a jump off to Yosemite. We got a late start and were arriving late @ 11:00 pm. We called and informed them and they were waiting for us on arrival. The place is very homey and clean. We got the single with a shared bathroom. Also, we were only around briefly but the town looks worth checking out!

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank NickkciNNickkciN
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This is my third time staying in this charming hotel. It's a great location in downtown Jamestown and is not far from sonoras main drag. The young man at the desk Dylan is friendly and always willing to make guests feel at home. Looking forward to my next stay have! :)

• Stayed March 2014
Grapevine, Texas
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I booked this hotel because it's ranked #1 on TripAdvisor. What a mistake. It was prepaid, but when we arrived at 9pm, the place was dark and locked up. I rang the night buzzer many times -- no answer. I called the phone number -- no answer and not even an answer machine. I pounded on the door as hard as I could -- nothing. The parking lot was completely empty, and there were signs up that said "no vacancy". Late at night with child in tow, we had to find another hotel (Country Inn in Sonora - highly recommended). Please do not give this place any business! Now I'm having to argue with my credit card company to get the charge taken off because though I still cannot get anyone to answer the phone, they did manage to find staff to ring up the bill.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Julie M
Jimmy D, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Royal Carriage, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear Julie,

I am sorry to hear that you arrived at the property and it was closed. We are a seasonal hotel and are closed on Sunday and Monday. We do not directly charge the guest for prepaid reservations and any dispute or refund will have to be manage directly with the booking engine you utilize. Obviously, there must has been an error somewhere. Please contact me directly and I will personally contact the booking engine you used to make your reservation and I will make sure that they refund you as you did not stayed with us. This is a terrible oversight and rest assure that I will notify the booking engine and have them correct this error. We care about all our guest, even the ones that do not get to stay with us.

Travellers are raving about these Jamestown hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jamestown
Best Western Plus Sonora Oaks Hotel & Conference Center
#3 of 5 in Jamestown
Travelodge Angels Camp CA
Travelodge Angels Camp CA
#3 of 5 in Angels Camp

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Royal Carriage? Share your experiences!