We enjoy so much about the Fort Ross Lodge: ocean view, herds of deer tippy-toeing on the lawns at dawn, the "unhotel-like" rooms, the quiet, and the privacy, a Weber kettle for BBQing on the patio including a free chimney and charcoal. Unfortunately, on this, our second stay in the same room (number 11), we noticed a few not-so-nice features that could be attended to if the owners choose to do so:
1. The odor in the room was a real turn-off. Even when we put the "scented" candle outside, we smelled a completely unrelated unpleasant aroma that seemed to come and go and was perhaps heater-related. One evening the reek actually woke me.
2. The mattress really needed replacing. Zero support.
3. No screens on the sliding glass doors. In order to get some fresh air, the doors need to be left open, and with all the critters, especially those cute but aggressive raccoons, a screen is a real necessity.
4. Uncomfortable chairs!
That said, we will probably try the lodge once more, but book a different room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 22 cozy, romantic rooms on the beautiful Sonoma coast. Each room is individually decorated and has all the comforts of home. Most rooms offer: Ocean View, Fireplace, private patio with BBQ, microwave, small refrigerator, coffee maker, satellite TV with HBO, and DVD player. Some rooms offer private patio hot tub, or in room jacuzzi tub and sauna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Ebookers so you can book your Fort Ross Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fort Ross Hotel Jenner
- Fort Ross Jenner