“Amazing experience at Fort Ross Lodge”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Fort Ross Lodge

Fort Ross Lodge
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Jenner
Martinez, California
“Amazing experience at Fort Ross Lodge”
Reviewed 18 July 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for his birthday weekend. What an awesome place! We stayed in room 14, which is part of a group of rooms close to the ocean. We had a great view of the coast from our patio, which comes with it's own bbq and hottub. There's no cell phone or internet service, which I actually ended up enjoying. There is a payphone outside of the office, just in case you need to make a call. The room itself was spacious and clean. It has a woodburning stove as well, which adds to the coziness of the place. We will definitely stay here again.

Also the woman at the front desk and her husband (who does the maintenance) are very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Casey L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Stayed here one night on our recent North California holiday. The location was excellent and the room very spacious, clean and good value for money. The BBQ facility was easy to use and don't worry about the charcoal (or getting it lit) as it is provided in a special container which makes lighting it very easy. I don't know anywhere else where you can BBQ whilst watching deer in the field opposite and then wake up in the morning to humming birds on the patio!
Just one point to note is that the store opposite can quickly run out of BBQ food so if you are planning to arrive later in the afternoon it might be best to bring your BBQ food with you.
Will definitely stay here again and next time for longer.

Room Tip: Book early as it quickly gets booked up.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank noworkski
Napa, California
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Modest. Clean, well maintained, accomodating and pleasant staff. BBQ, microwave, some cable TV, refrigerator. Some rooms available with fireplace.

Room Tip: The rooms with unobstructed ocean views are a little more expensive.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank psitter2
Zurich/Switzerland
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Our room at the Fort Ross Lodge was spacious and comfortable. We appreciated having a fridge & microwave in the room, but they need to be cleaned. The TV is old and there is no cell phone / internet service in the area, which we didn't mind though, it was a good opportunity to relax and read a book. All in all, it was an ok stay, but we would book a room at another place next time (driving by, the towns of Elk and Albion looked quite nice).

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SweetCountryWoman
TinaRomeo, Front Office Manager at Fort Ross Lodge, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
Thank you for visiting our lodge and taking the time to write a review. Our housekeeping staff has been informed of your comments and please be assured that we will take care of this for future travelers. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to our beautiful area.
San Fransisco
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I stayed for one night while visiting the Sonoma state beaches.

The good: There were great big skylights in my room, which I loved. The manager was very friendly, as other people have noted, and I really appreciated the service. There was a very small fridge and microwave in the room along with a cutting board, cheese knife, and votive candle. It was quiet! Even though the adjoining rooms were all occupied, I didn't hear a peep from anyone other than squirrels and birds.

The not that great: there were stains on the carpet and on the blanket. The pillows are not comfortable, and the sheets look like the came from someone's bed in the 1980's. For the prices they charge, they should provide internet. As for the partial ocean views, it's pretty far away from the ocean, so it wasn't quite the view I was expecting.

All in all, it's a decent stay, but without internet service I won't be returning. I didn't mind that my phone didn't get reception, but a night in a modern hotel without internet, as a solo traveler, was one night too many.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank delia02
San Rafael, California
Reviewed 20 March 2012

After a truly horrible experience at Jenner Inn , I wish I had booked my wifes birthday getaway here. I was hoodwinked by a very mis-leading web site. The next time we go away for a couple of days it will be at Fort Ross Lodge . The service is ALWAYS good here.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank mbjbjlb
Groveland, California
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I was traveling on President's Day Weekend and knew at the beginning of the trip I was going to have trouble finding somewhere to stay. Didn't worry me. Driving North on 1 I only saw No Vacancy signs and they I finally saw one that said Vacant. Didn't even pay attention to the name I just pulled in. I work in Customer Service so when I went through the front door and was greeted by warmth and kindness I was so happy that I stopped. I got their last room and I think it was the best. I had the best night's sleep in months. I was only there overnight and it was the best 12 hours. The room was spotless, had wonderful amenities with a microwave, refrigerator, fireplace with free wood for the first night. I was so peaceful going to sleep with a crackling fire. For a last minute reservation I made the right choice and was thoroughly impressed. Will recommend to all my friends when traveling in this area

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank yosemite8miles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jenner
Timber Cove Resort
The Jenner Inn
The Jenner Inn
#1 of 1 in Jenner
Ocean Cove Lodge Bar & Grill

Been to Fort Ross Lodge? Share your experiences!