“Awesome rooms and service”
Review of Fort Ross Lodge

Fort Ross Lodge
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Jenner
“Awesome rooms and service”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We felt right at home there. Scenery is beautiful. Best service in a long time. We got there a little late she called the Resturant down the way to see if they would stay open till we got there to eat. Rooms very clean. No complaints

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank NevaRamsey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Camano Island, Washington
Reviewed 27 April 2013

We were tired after having driven from San Francisco north on Highway 1 when we came upon the Fort Ross Lodge in the early evening. Sheila welcomed us with such warmth and friendliness, and before we knew it, we were checked in and walking to the water's edge admiring the wild flowers and enjoying two blacktail deer forage before sundown. The fresh-baked cookies, high comfy bed, and quiet environment provided a needed restorative sleep. We are grateful to have experienced this lovely lodge and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Tell Sheila what type of room you desire, and she will surely try to accommodate you.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patricia S
TinaRomeo, Front Office Manager at Fort Ross Lodge, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Thank you so much for you kind review of our lodge. We look forward to having you visit again one day soon.
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 13 April 2013

The trip up to Jenner was very last minute and I found the Fort Lodge Ross by chance, wasn't sure what to expect but was MORE than happy when we got there. Check-in was a breeze (and she gave us fresh baked cookies) Gave us a little mini tour of the property and showed us where our room was. Also when I asked about hot tub hours she said "we have one rule here and that is, we have no rules, relax and enjoy yourself!!"

Quick Facts for the visit/lodge:
-There prices are affordable and FAIR! You are definitely not being over charged
-The property is not one large building, its broken up into several units (almost looks like a bunch of duplexes I guess you could say)
-We stayed in room 2
-EVERY ROOM HAS AN OCEAN VIEW
-It is about a three minute walk from the rooms down to the edge of the bluffs, but very easy to walk over to them..the view is amazing
-The patio is nice because it is facing the ocean and has the little bbq on it (which they provide everything you need to bbq, no need to bring charcoal) and you can step right off the patio and head out toward the bluff (this goes for every room)
-The Hot Tub and Sun Room are open to ALL guests and is central to the property and you can definitely see the ocean from it..we snuck down at midnight & it was wonderful
-The fireplace in room is awesome! (they also provide everything you need for this, including a fire starter log)
-The rooms ARE older, not out dated, but older, which I dont mind, I appreciate the charm.. it didnt feel like a hotel, more like a mini apartment/home, very cozy & homie
-I felt the room was very clean, it does smell a tad musty but again with the sea air/moisture & being a bit older, it was kind of expected..I left the patio door open over night (and pretty much the whole time we stayed) which completely got rid of that and just felt crisp and fresh inside
-bed was comfy & clean
-best of all NO WiFi or Cell Service :)
-Check out was also a breeze!

Overall I would recommend this place to anyone (unless you are looking for a 5 star hotel with giant TV and a whole bunch of foofy stuff). Also why you are there, use all the amenities (hot tub, fire place & webber). BECAUSE they have all of those things, it gives night people like myself, some fun things to do after it gets dark. Just really cool property.

Best visit/hike spot found was: Gerstle Cove & Stump Beach...just unbelievably beautiful

We will definitely be back! Definitely our new getaway spot for quick weekend trip!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the wonderful review. It is much appreciated.
Hope to see you soon at Fort Ross Lodge. Like us on Facebook.
Pensacola, FL
Reviewed 9 April 2013

My husband & I both loved Fort Ross Lodge! It features rows of cabins which are well-kept & comfortable. Our cabin included a fireplace and was conveniently stocked with wood, a fire-starter log, and matches. There were several other small amenities provided which we found to be thoughtful & welcoming (& which we don't want to spoil for other new guests by saying outright what they were). We loved waking up to the sound of the surf below and knowing that it was just a short walk to the edge of the cliff. We would gladly encourage others to stay here.

Room Tip: Be sure to clarify if you would like a hot tub or a fireplace & if it is important to you to be...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
TinaRomeo, Front Office Manager at Fort Ross Lodge, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review of our lodge. We look forward to having you visit us again soon.
Morgan Hill, California
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Sheila was great. I booked online and somehow I selected the Friday instead of Sunday. She called to check on me once she realized I had not checked in by 7pm. She then fixed the reservation over the phone. We checked in o Sunday without issue. I had made reservations for dinner at the Riversend not realizing the arduous drive back down. She made a suggestion of the Timbercove Inn for dinner.They were able to get us in with no reservation and we only waited for about 20 min. The food was good and David, the bartender makes some awesome concoctions. The room on a scale of 1-10 was about a 9. it would have been a 10 except the mattress needs to be replaced in room 18. By the time I left, I had scraped my shin raw due to the metal edge of the mattress every time I climbed in bed. Needed pillow top or at least a newer mattress. Other than that, the inn room sauna, fireplace and jacuzzi were well used. We slept with the blinds open facing the ocean and it was very romantic. We will definitely be back. Thanks for the recommendations Sheila.

Room Tip: Let them know what you are looking for so they can make recommendations. We enjoyed the top of the h...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your recent review of our lodge. I will forward your concern regarding the mattress in room #18 to the management. We truly appreciate your concern and hope to have you stay with us again soon.
Pacifica, California, USA
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I went here with my partner for a long weekend and booked a large room with a fireplace and a hot tub on the patio.It was a beautiful room and a lot nicer than the web site leads you to believe. We fell asleep to the sound of waves and woke up to a beautiful panoramic view of the sun rising. We were able to go on day hikes and come home and barbeque, soak in the hot tub, and enjoy the warmth of our fire. Sheila and Tom are amazing hosts.They are kind, caring and work very hard to make each guest feel special. I loved all the extra's.... Tom's signature cookies, complimentary bottle of champagne, See's candy... This was our 3rd visit. Love this beautiful, serene place.

Room Tip: I would encourage renting rooms with a hot tub and fireplace.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Barb L
Pacifica, California
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Fort Ross Lodge is the best place to stay in all of Sonoma County and you would never know because it is priced so darn great! I have stayed at Timber Cove for much more money with a room one fifth the size and a small window view. Now, at Fort Ross you get a huge room with a sink, refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot. The best part is the private patio with a huge hot tub and barbeque. As if this weren't enough there is a path two steps from the patio, that goes about 100 yards to the edge of the bluff. YES you have a panoramic view of the ocean from your hot tub! The room (you can call it a cabin) has central heat as well as a quaint wood stove and the wood is provided. If you get too excited with the fireplace, there is a ceiling fan that is as quiet as you would expect in this most perfect place. This weekend was my third time there and when The inn keeper Sheila found out about me being a return guest she gave me the third night FREE! I have stayed in overpriced cabins and hotels, none compare to this gem. I keep worrying they will realize they can charge twice as much as they do but for now this is my number one get away place! Thanks to Sheila and Tom (innkeeper) for being so nice and accommodating my every need!

Room Tip: Pick the rooms that aren't on the hill. They are cheaper and they are the ones with hot tubs on...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kim B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jenner
Timber Cove Resort
#4 of 5 in Bodega Bay
Occidental Hotel
Occidental Hotel
#1 of 1 in Occidental

Been to Fort Ross Lodge? Share your experiences!