“Horribly Rude Managers!!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Jenner
california
“Horribly Rude Managers!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2007

The female manager was extremenly rude. I was with my mother and young children, trying to find a place because it was a very rainy and windy night and we were camping. During the course of filling out my paperwork to stay at this hotel, she called me a "Brat" more than four times. She said "I was acting like a brat, just like everyone else my age." (I am 36.) I finally told her I didn't need to stay at a place like this, and to debit my charge card.

Her behavior was totally unprovoked and I can't believe how managers can be in this business and treat innocent people, let alone customers, in this discourteous and desrespectful manner.

• Stayed April 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
6 Thank CaliforniaFrog

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Las Vegas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2007

If you enjoy extreme rudeness without cause, from the very beginning of your stay, then this is the right place for you.
I was waiting for my husband near our car, and I was approached by a guy, the supposed "manager " of this facility, which asked me in a very unpleasant tone and manner: "What are you doing here?" and then sent me to park the car to another place twice, without explaining clearly what the problem was, and always with a negative and abrupt tone of voice. Then he saw my husband and start harassing him as well, for no reason at all.
We lasted there only about 5 minutes, asked for our money back and off we went!

I am Italian, my husband is American, we have been visiting other places in the US and throughout the world, in all kinds of different lodgings, and we have never been treated so poorly before. There is no reason for staying in a place where guests are not welcome at all, and for being treated with such hostility and rudeness!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Juicycat
Sacramento
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2006

Just got back from a weekend at the Fort Ross Lodge. It was great! We had an ocean front queen with our own hot tub. We never saw and barely heard our neighbors (only when we were on our patio and they were on theirs). Otherwise, we had all the privacy we could have wanted. When compared with the other hotels in the area (Timber Cove, Salt Point, etc.), we felt we got the best value for the money. Only wish they had a restaurant...

• Stayed July 2006
4 Thank AFandMom
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2006

When I called I requested a Non Smoking Room, and was amazed to hear all rooms contains ash tray's. Our bathroom screen had a large hole in it and the Sliding patio door, which is badly need for cross ventilation, was absent of a screen as well. Our bathroom was't as clean as I would have imagined. The room was otherwise, cute and basically clean
My largest concern is the fact, they just open the door and walk in to see if you are still in the room, this happned to me twice, when my husband had left for a walk. And both entry's were made by men. I am considering the Timber Cove inn next visit, I had dinner there, and it seemed lovely and you could hear the ocean, one of my reasons for staying out there.

• Stayed June 2006, travelled on business
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
antelope, ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2006

We've stayed here a few times and love it. The best rooms are those with the hot tub on the patio. Very relaxing waking up to the sound of the ocean. The grounds and view are beautiful. My favorite treat are the raccoons that come to visit at night! The staff are also very friendly. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed April 2006
7 Thank tobrian
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2005

It was difficult to pick a place to stay in that area because there were so many different reviews about every option. I picked this place because it had the least negative reviews and the comments seemed to say "as long as u don't expect much, it's fine." We were actually pleasantly surprised because there was a small bottle of white wine, 3 apples, a cutting board and knife on the table when we entered. That was a nice touch. The store across the street is very handy and is now open till 8 on Fridays and Saturdays. There are refrigerators in every room which means u can buy/bring food and store it instead of eating out all the time. We payed a lil extra for the fireplace, and we're glad we did. It was chilly and foggy and it added a nice touch and the wood and matches were there for the using. The bathroom was actually very roomy and not as badly kept as I expected. Everything was pretty clean except for the lampshades next to the bed - they need a good vacuuming!! The one bad thing was the bed sheets, and it's a cheap thing to replace. I'm not asking for 500 thread count, but these were OLD and were covered with lint bumps that made me itch when I moved. If you book a room with a view, don't always expect one because of the fog. Check out the weather for the time of year. You'd be paying for nothing. Eat at the River's End in Jenner for an awesome meal, there is nothing around until Timber Cove Lodge above Fort Ross and the reviews aren't great. River's End is upscale in food but welcomes everyone.

• Stayed August 2005
12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New York City and LA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2005

Amazing location , we stayed on The Hill in the Bridal Suite, more on that later. We looked out over an amazing sunset view , deer came right up to the building and no one else was anywhere in sight. So , for the money $300 a night incl. tax, it was worth it for the location alone. However the "deluxe suite" simply wasn't. The room is enormous and has an ensuite Jacuzzi and sauna, but is horribly decorated a la 1976- and the bedding is atrocious , percale floral sheets and A HORRIBLE comforter. For a few hundred dollars they could buy some lovely simple cotton high thread count, white linens and towels and it would improve the place 100 per cent. It was so dated and funky and not in a good way. Vey secluded though, no phones in room, satellite TV , and a few minutes from a fairly decent restaurant at Timber Cove. I peeked in at some of the other rooms and we seemed to have the most luxurious, so don't come expecting a deluxe hotel, if you expect a rather tawdry looking bachelor pad - Hugh Hefner sevnties style with faded and dated amenities , but one of the world's most spectacular locations. You'll have fun but it could be so much better with just a little upkeep and modernization.

• Stayed January 2005
16 Thank EMAWEST
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jenner
Timber Cove Resort
The Jenner Inn
The Jenner Inn
#1 of 1 in Jenner
Ocean Cove Lodge Bar & Grill

Been to Fort Ross Lodge? Share your experiences!