“Fantastic Home”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Castle Crag

Castle Crag, Jenner Home with Amazing Views
Castle Crag, Jenner Home with Amazing Views Castle Crag, Jenner Home with Amazing Views
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Castle Crag, Amazing View From Deck, Dog Friendly Rental
Castle Crag, Jenner Vacation Rental, Sonoma Coast CA
Castle Crag, Coastal Home With Panoramic Views.
Castle Crag, Relax. Quiet and Peaceful atmosphere.
Castle Crag, Jenner, Russian River Vacation Homes
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

ShadyFarm...
San Francisco, California
“Fantastic Home”
Reviewed 27 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015

Just wanted to share my (very recent) experience staying at Castle Crag in Jenner. Myself and six other girlfriends selected this place as the destination for a girls' getaway. The home is well equipped with kitchen supplies, a large grill (plenty of propane) and a fantastic jacuzzi which we all enjoyed. It's a large craftsman home with four bedrooms (3 queen beds and two twins) as well as a full size futon sofa that could have been used as an extra place to sleep for someone. The home also has nice central heating and plenty of comfortable sofas everywhere to relax upon while catching up with good friends. Great outdoor patio with a large patio table for al fresco dining. Plenty of board games and puzzles to dig into and at least two TVs altho we didn't touch them all weekend. There are a lot of stairs leading up into the home which would make it challenging to get in and out of for those who are disabled. My ONLY suggestion to the management team would be to upgrade the bedding. It kind of reminded me of a comforter I had when I was a kid in the 80s. Very floral! But that is a pathetic complaint. I would return there in a heartbeat. In fact all of us girls were joking about how we could unpack and stay there for a month EASILY. Last thing I want to mention is that the view is INSANELY beautiful from the house. You're essentially looking right up the Russian River.

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
16 Apr 2015
Hi and thank you for the lovely review!
It sounds like you found the perfect place for your stay! Castle Crag has a large following of repeat guests and they all tell us how much they love the view, being able to spread out, and the views! Did I mention the views? There's even a group of artists that comes to stay every couple years to paint at the house and nearby spots - that's how much we love the Sonoma Coast!

I hope we'll see you again soon!
NC
Reviewed 8 February 2014 for a stay in November 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Ejtrke
Truckee, California
“Family Get-Together Before Holiday Celebrations Start”
Reviewed 29 November 2013 for a stay in November 2013

The views were exceptional from the Russian River to the Ocean. Deer were there to great us at dusk all over the hillside. No fog the whole time we were there - weather was perfect - hardly a breeze and warm! The coffee house was just down the hill, five minute walk, and there were musicians and massage outside - I wanted to stay forever! Ranger station next to coffee house to gain lots of knowledge of the area. Beaches up and down Highway 1 makes for a short drive and fun for everyone. The house was immaculate and wall-to-wall windows to take in view. Perfect for large family of adults and children and dogs coming together to show their love and catch up before life becomes hectic with holiday responsibility. Some of the facilities were older, but we managed very easily.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: There was so much room for my family and friends that visited during the day to sit comfortably and visit.
Liked least: Lock box didn't cooperate for me at first, then when I got the key, I had to search for a door it would open. Seems they doublebolted the doors and the key was just for the knob lock!
Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
amboise

San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed 5 June 2013 for a stay in March 2013

5 Jun 2013
Hello !
Thanks for the comments, I'm happy to respond. First we state on the home's description that there is no wifi. It's rare, but there are still areas where it is not easy to get the service and Jenner is one of them. There are no wifi hotspots in Jenner either and AT&T and Comcast aren't in a hurry address the issue. So the house has a satellite for the TV service, but no internet connection. We're sorry this put a damper on your stay!

On the flip side, we have lots of guests that actually want to get away from all the connections - and they specifically request this home for the views and delightful disconnect!

Berkeley
Reviewed 4 June 2013 for a stay in April 2013

Older travelers
4 Jun 2013
Hello!

We're so glad you enjoyed Castle Crag - the views, kitchen and hanging out! I hope we'll see you again!

Russian River Vacation Homes
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing