“If you want sophisticated accommodation don't go here...”
Review of River's End Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jenner
River's End Resort
Reviewed 29 May 2013

But if you want a fantastic location (Russian River and sea views) and comfortable lodgings with a wonderful restaurant on site - this is the place for you!!

As we walked up to our cabin the first thing I noticed was half of the number 3 was missing and the door was peeling and faded, so first impression was not ideal! Bedroom has deep brown pile carpet, furnishings generally on the 70s style, bed was comfortable though husband felt too soft. Fridge for wine cooling; wine glasses and coffee/coffee maker on hand - great. The shower room is a bit of a let-down - jaded/tired. Very thin/small towels - bring your own.

But hey, what about the balcony and the amazing, amazing view - nothing else really matters does it?! Restaurant was terrific, though quite expensive, good service - a little too fast if you don't slow them down! You do need to book the restaurant.

Room Tip: We had the smallest cabin, there are larger and more expensive cabins also - pictures on are their w...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JRD32

Reviewed 14 May 2013

While it's not elegant or fancy, it is definitely special. Perched on a hill overlooking the juncture of the Russian River and Pacific Ocean, this small inn is like no other. We loved Room #5 which is in the same building as the restaurant and shares the same fabulous view. It is comfortably furnished and has a small, inviting deck. We will definitely return to this gem.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pearsoninmarin
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I chose to spend my birthday at Rivers End in early April when planning our holiday from New Zealand. We had spent a lot of time around the San Francisco area visiting my husbands family and friends and I knew that at some stage we would need some "quiet time". Jenner was perfect. The drive from SF through the country side and quaint towns to get to Rivers End was beautiful. I had chosen Cabin 3, it is the smallest but had all that we needed. We loved the rustic appearance and feel and oh the view in the morning (we had arrived at night) was fantastic. We could hear the waves crashing while we went to sleep and to awake to seeing seals and numerous birds feeding in the river and to watch the huge waves was pure bliss for us. We had taken our own breakfast supplies and sat out on the deck to breath in the beautiful air and scenery. We had arrived on a cold evening, the heater had been turned on which was very welcomed. The bed was cozy. We only stayed two nights but we both agreed that out of all the places we stayed, this was where we should have spent more time. My husband had lived in the SF area for many years and had never been to Jenner so it was also a treat for him. We had my birthday dinner at the restaurant, the view once again was tranquil and amazing, however we both struggled with the richness of our food. I am vegetarian and it was a challenge to find something suitable. The service was good.

Room Tip: Room 3 is the smallest but for us it was adequate, we don't require a lot of room and we knew it...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WhangareiSioux
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Both the restaurant and the Inn are a little pricy but the view is special and I can allow a lot of faults to be ignored because of that. The food in the restaurant is only ok, the rooms are not exactly luxe, but seeing the sun set in the afternoon and seeing it rise in the morning illuminating the ocean it can be quite magical. Avoid in the fog but that is often difficult to predict.

Room Tip: I would suggest you avoid room 5 (I think) under the restaurant. A nice room but the view is not as...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We recently stayed at the Rivers End on April 3, 2013. We stopped just to check out the restraint, but it was closed since it is the off season. We asked the lady at the front desk for more information about the cabins since my husband had looked into them, but the pictures were not very detailed. She offered to let us see the room. We checked out Cabin 1. It was small and quaint, but what sold us on the night was the moment that I opened the sliding door to the balcony. The only sounds I could hear we're the waves crashing against the rocks, the seagulls, and the seals barking. We knew that this was exactly what we were looking for. We were informed that since the restraint was closed, we would probably be the only ones there.......again, we were on our honeymoon :) this was more that ok.

I can not fully express how perfect this place was for us. Yes, it is small, quiet, and there is no phone service....but why would you want that when you are trying to have a perfect, peaceful getaway.

Room Tip: The only reason the fitness center is "terrible" is because I accidentally clicked it on m...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mommiesteph
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Finally, after passing River's End Resort for YEARS, a friend, who returns every year to stay, eat at the marvelous restaurant, and enjoy the peaceful tranquility, beauty, ocean waves, wildlife, sounds, etc., convinced me to accompany him this time.

Located on the cliffside overlooking where the Russian River meets the Pacific Ocean, you need to disconnect from electronics, sit down in one of the veranda chairs facing the ocean, and just relax. Minutes later, you begin to smell the sea air, and you begin to relax. I was blown away by the panoramic ocean views, cozy fireplace, firepit below where we had a smores party, and watching the sun set magestically. To top it off, dinner in the adjoining restaurant was amazing: we enjoyed thefresh crab tasting menu prix fixe, with wonderful wine pairings, each subsequent course more fantastic than the one before. The only problem I had was I couldn't finish the decadent chocolate souffle dessert! Themulti-hued sunset finished the perfect day.

Host Bert Rangel was hand's on helpful, friendly, the consummate host. He helped with suggestions for morning coffee at the locals' coffee shop at the bottom of the hill, and continued to make our stay perfect. '

What an amazing place, River's End.

Room Tip: Rooms are all with ocean views... decks, etc.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Give up your cell phone and wifi and RELAX and ENJOY the amazing view of the Russian River and the Pacific ocean. We watched osprey, sea lions and a beautiful sunset. The sound of the waves, Seattle's Best coffee, a bathroom with a view. If I didn't have to drive on those beautiful but terrifing roads, I would go to River's End again and again! Loved, loved, loved it!! We stayed in the room under the restaurant which was quiet and charming. They also have private cabins with more ammenities (which we didn't need)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wanda L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jenner
10 mi away
#1 of 1 in The Sea Ranch
The Jenner Inn
The Jenner Inn
#1 of 1 in Jenner

Been to River's End Resort? Share your experiences!