“Best Birthday Ever”
Review of River's End Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jenner
River's End Resort
Reviewed 23 March 2010

Our room was cozy and very nice with a great view. The restaurant was sublime!!! We can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for River's End Resort

Reviewed 15 March 2010

This resort is without any doubt the best bang for your buck in California. I have stayed at nearly every place in Napa and several in Sonoma...this place is the best for your money.

Amber was the person who took my reservation via phone and checked me upon arrival. She was fantastic...very fast check-in and double checked our restaurant reservation.

I stayed in cabin #4 based on reviews I saw here. It was absolutely fantastic! Great view on one of the coziest couches I've ever laid on. The rooms are clean with what appears to be new carpet, new linens, and nice rustic/maritime decor. The bathroom is very basic and small...viny floors...but clean.

After a day of wine tasting, the idea of eating at a restaurant where we were staying was perfect...and the food was amazing. We did oysters and champagn to start with ($25 for two). I had the filet and my girlfriend had the ahi tuna with a split of robert sindsky pinot blanc...everything was great and reasonably priced. Finished with creme brulee for two...and a scotch...great dinner and service. Total was $150.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PoliticsAndBeer
Reviewed 20 January 2010

We arrived in Jenner out of season and with about 50 miles of gas left in the tank at 7 in the evening, so pretty much needed to book into one of the two places available.

What I was not expecting was one of the best nights I've ever spent on vacation. We got a discount on Cabin #2, booked in and went to dinner in the restaurant next door. The steak was literally the best my partner has ever eaten (and we eat out in London a lot). Staff were friendly - particularly our lovely waitress who has been working there 10 yrs ++.

The cabin was a real escape from the outside world - although the fog had rolled in and we didn't have much of a view, it was very cosy with the fireplace and wonderfully relaxing without phone reception or a TV. The bed was huge and comfortable but my highlight was reading the guestbook from all the other people who'd stayed in our cabin over the years.

This was possibly the most romantic place I've ever stayed. In the morning, the fog had lifted and we saw the seals on Goat Rock Beach (and went down to get a close-up view once we'd checked out).

I really can't recommend this place more highly.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Irmani
Reviewed 13 November 2009

We were there 2 days and did not see anyone who worked at the Inn.
We made our reservations on a Monday and we had a choice of any room (no other guests). I especially wanted to eat at the restaurant in the evenings. We called and said we were going to be there after 6 pm and they said they would leave the key in the room.
We got there at 7:30 and there was no one there. We settled in to our room. The next day we called and left a message with no reply. We left after 2 days and I got a call the following day. I asked why I wasn't told that the restaurant would be closed and no one available, and the lady acted like it was my problem. I will not be back.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank timsoccer
Reviewed 3 November 2009

We stayed in Room 5 at River's End Resort for the second time. It seemed a little smaller than I remembered it, but charming anyway. The room is located in a
very private area just below the restaurant. There are beautiful water views from the deck, bed, and shower. The only disturbing problem was the water temperature took long to go from icy cold to hot after a five minute wait. The bed and bed linens were the best features of the accommodations, but the restaurant should be heralded as one of the best in California and the United States. Service was a little slow, but it was crowded on a Monday night(!), and we were not in a hurry. The salmon and pasta were great dishes. All staff were very pleasant and accomodating. Well worth the price!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2009

I stayed for a few nights at River's End in Aug. 2009. I was in Cabin 2, which was nice and clean, though I agree with one reviewers that I would ditch the carpet. The view is very good, it's quiet, the staff is easy to deal with and low key. Only downer was I had no cell or broadband connection there. I did check out Cabin 5 and it looked very cozy and I like the view from the bathroom. I would definitely stay there again, and it's most reasonable.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank McGee_7
Reviewed 15 March 2009

We came here to see the harbor seals.... and that we did!!! I really still can't believe the view that this place provided. The night we arrived we looked out upon Goat Rock and saw the seals at the tip of the beach....little did we know that the next morning they would be swimming all around us.

We had dinner at The River's End during sunset and it was very nice. The food was good, the atmosphere was even better. The kumquat mojito was yummy and different!

We slept to the sound of the waves crashing on the rocks and beach, woke with sunrise and to see seals playing in the water beneath. I cannot tell you how exciting this was to me. This was the show that I came for. The in-room coffee maker was great, I made my husband and I a cup of coffee and we just sat on the deck in awe. This was a very relaxing, romantic way to spend our 8th anniversary.

Then we went to breakfast at the little Cafe Aquatic which was quaint with great coffee and breakfast sandwiches. We spent time at Goat Rock State Park which I still can't understand why I have never heard of this place sooner?! It is likely one of the most beautiful places in our country and yet kept secret!

The harbor seals were putting on quite a show and I am certainly thankful for these memories.

This is definitely a place to see before you die......but I think you have to time it right, to see the seals and their pups......this is one of the most amazing things I have seen in my lifetime.

Thanks River's End for the dining and the cabin, it was everything we needed and wanted it to be.....and more. Michelle Thompson-Olson and Shawn Olson Vienna, OH

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jenner
Timber Cove Resort
#1 of 1 in The Sea Ranch
Bodega Coast Inn & Suites
Bodega Coast Inn & Suites
#5 of 5 in Bodega Bay

Been to River's End Resort? Share your experiences!