“How hard can it be to talk and smile a little?”
Review of Sizzling Tandoor - CLOSED

Sizzling Tandoor
Price range: US$9 - US$14
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: View
Good for: View
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Maybe they had a bad day, but the service was terrible when we ate here. No smiles, hardly any talk at all. Went with 4 people and when 2 plates were served, the waitresses were gone. We didn't have silverware yet, but couldn't ask for it (or for the other 2 remaining dishes). Finally they came back, we asked for silverware and got it thrown on the table without a word. The food wasn't as warm as it should be, probably because of the wait. It was good Indian food, but we ordered 1 mild and 1 medium and couldn't tell the difference (it was probably both medium since both tasted spicy), and no explanation was given when the food was served (which I would expect when the same dish is ordered, but with a different kind of spicy). The food was also overpriced; if service was great this wouldn't be a problem, but now it definitely wasn't worth it. We left a 33 cent tip to round the check...

2  Thank MissM_NL

Reviewed 6 May 2013

There is not much to chose from in this town. This is the first restaurant on your way to Jenner and some of the other hotels further north have expensive restaurants. This was a half hour drive from our stay at the Timber Cove Inn. It was good, typical Indian food. The ambiance was a little sketchy. The waitresses were more interested in the dance show on the big screen TV. Not attentive to us. I had to ask for water and they never checked on us otherwise. The dishes and tables looked almost, pretty much clean. The salt shaker on our table had a long, black hair in it! We are adventurous and ate there and were happy with the meal but if you are looking for ocean views and swanky food, you have to pay for it at one of the hotel restaurants.

Reviewed 30 April 2013

Ok, it's the only Indian food in Jenner. But the very fact that there is Indian food in Jenner is surprising. The partner and I are vegetarians. And he's got a significant fish allergy. So food on the road is always an adventure. Indian places tend to "get" vegetarian, and this place was no exception. The food was tasty and well priced. It was refreshing to have a safe vegetarian place on the road!

Reviewed 19 January 2013

We were touring the north coast of California and got to the point where the Russian river meets the ocean. On the south side of the bridge we found this gem of a restaurant and it was so odd to run into an Indian restaurant here we had to stop and try it. We had the mulligatawny soup, tandori chicken and a Naan and I don't know which of the three was better, The food was delicious, the scenery was spectacular and the service was great. The restaurant including the bathrooms was very clean though we had some spotting on the glasses and silverware. I suspect that there is a hard water problem in the area.

We will definitely return and explore other items on the menu and wish them all the luck in the world in this remote location.

1  Thank twigaduma2016
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Had the "Western sizzler" (?) burger... The burger made me sick. The bun was a bit stale / not too fresh. We sat at a table placed for four people, and three of the four table service (silverware) were dirty. At first my wife noticed hers was dirty and I didn't think too much of it as this happens from time to time to the best of restaurants, but after examining three of the four forks on the table dirty, I changed my mind. Wow... learn to clean your table service folks!

The view was good of the river and the price of the food was reasonable. English is a second language of the server. (My hat is off to anyone that tackles a second language however).

Hope the owners read this and can correct things. Best wishes to them.