“Indian Delight ”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: View
Good for: View
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Heading north from San Francisco without a dinner plans and stumble upon this Indian restaurant in the middle of nowhere. A bit skeptical we checked out the menu to make sure it was authentic. Besides a less than talkative waitress and the too salty achar our vegetarian meal was a 10. What a treat.

1  Thank rgwmil

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I'm not real big on Indian food but there are not a lot of choices around here and I was on a special get a away with my husband who got all excited at the thought of Indian food. So, I sucked it up and didn't even complain when he said that is what he wanted. Glad I didn't because it really was good and the servers were super nice. We ordered to go and took it back to our hotel (jenner inn and cottages which I have also reviewed - and loved) and chowed it down! The complimentary bread (I forgot what it is called) was YUMMY! :)

Reviewed 18 September 2013

We got there shortly before the restaurant was due to close, so that might account for the service being some what cold. The food was good. I had tandoori chicken and naan bread. They were tasty and well prepared. I did not like the fact they charge $3.25 for a bowel of rice. I would expect the rice to come as a part of the entree.

1  Thank DCMike82
Reviewed 13 August 2013

This place reminds me of towns that used to put out dummy fog lights and steer ships onto the rocks --- it's all a mirage, there's no food or service here. Read other reviews - it's a bad mistake from the young ladies who cannot tear themselves away from the Bollywood on the TV, to the bad food. If you eat here, you've earned the badge for "reckless adventurer"!

5  Thank leftie9
Reviewed 2 August 2013

coming from an Indian person and I am also a chef and cook a lot of Indian dishes at home ,If you ignore the service which is ok not great but the food is delicious,we had a tandoor chicken a daal ,roti and naan and my wife had a chicken dish ,all the dishes were perfectly done to our requirement in regards to spices.

My wife gets heart burns and she was satisfied,to all those that cannot eat spicy food I recommend Tandoori chicken with light spices and daal with zero spices and roti or naan to go with it and a side dish of rice or ( pulav ) pulav is rice mixed with veg

2  Thank Bensionq