“Tranquil”
Excellent
Welcome!
Driveway and Surrounding Area
Cabin and Spa
View of the Park from the yard
Breakfast on the Porch with view of the Park
Spa Hot Tub
Porch
Spa Hot Tub
Living Room
Kitchen and Dining areas
Bedroom
Bathroom
Papa quail and chicks outside cabin
Desert Tortoise in the cactus garden
Spring flowers
Hedgehog Cactus flowers
Winter view
Jack Rabbit on the Road
Ladderback on a Joshua Tree blossom
Bobcat visitor
Sunset
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Wendy W
“Tranquil”
Reviewed 29 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Stayed at this property for 2 days mid week to recover from an incredibly stressful few days. I spent the entire visit on the back porch watching the wildlife, enjoying the amazing views and just appreciating the quiet. My friend was able to hike into the park from the front door. The house is fully equipped and the owners obviously put a lot of care into the small details like the yummy coffee, the wonderful sheets and the clean and soft throw pillows and blankets in the living area.

We will be back.

People with disabilities Older travelers
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Landavill...
“The perfect spot to connect with the desert”
Reviewed 12 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015

This place rocks!...no pun intended. The owners Kathy and Eva greeted us with warm smiles. This place is perfectly romantic and quaint. We couldn't have chosen a better spot for our 18 yr anniversary. We soaked multiple times a day in the hot tub and loved watching the rabbits and quail. You can walk right to the park from the cabin. We will be back!! Thank you Kathy and Eva!!!

owlhead64
denver, co
“fantastic desert getaway”
Reviewed 6 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014

My partner and I had a wonderful winter vacation at Rock Haven Cabin in Joshua Tree. The cabin, Joshua Tree, the park -- all of it was a complete escape from everything familiar. We hired a rock climbing guide for two days and had a ton of fun (Tony from Vertical Adventures -- I'd highly recommend him!). We relaxed, cooked in the cabin kitchenette, watched the stars at night from the deliciously gentle saltwater spa, enjoyed the spa in the morning as well while watching the birds and bunnies, explored the tiny town of Joshua Tree, etc., our other couple of days. The cabin is private, quiet, clean, spacious, simple, and perfectly situated -- wonderful views of the desert landscape, rising sun, and the west entrance to the park.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the quiet and privacy
Liked least: the sometimes slow wi-fi/internet
Simi Valley, California
Reviewed 16 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The fantastic view of the desert and the cleanliness of the cabin.
Liked least: Leaving.
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
HenryMudd
Omaha
“OUTSTANDING”
Reviewed 18 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014

We initially tried to get into another B&B in the area, but they were full. They recommended this place and I sure am glad they did! We had a little trouble finding it, but really that's part of the reason we liked it so much. It really is out of the way.

The property is backed up to the Joshua Tree National park. You latterly have thousands of acres of parkland for your backyard. You can wear anything you want in the hot tube, though we didn't use it.

I got up at 0200 to take a photo of the Milky Way as this is a fairly dark area of the country. I was privalaged to be able to listen to the wildlife wake up around me. I was so moved I made a recording of the birds at dawn on my phone. I wish I could share it with you.

The cabin itself does not have a TV. Though I does have internet acess, and pretty fast at that. We had a very relaxing time watching the mother and father desert quail "trot" out their little ones for breakfast!

Eva, is awesome to deal with. She was in touch with us throughout the planning stages.

We were on a 3 week trip through the entire southwest and this was the highlight of our vacation. What more can I say? We want to go back and just stay there for a week or so in the future.

Liked best: The quiet! And the surprising wildlife
Liked least: Hard to find, but what a tiny niggle
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
CA
Reviewed 26 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Check-in / front desk
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
California
Reviewed 22 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing